2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
volvo girl for life
By volvo gal on 10/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I owned a S40 for two years and wanted more power, the s60 was it! the Volvo moto is correct. Volvo for Life. Once you have driven a volvo you will find it hard to ever go back to a honda! The s60 offers power when needed and comfort the whole way. Highly recommeded, body style is big and bad! if the HP of 204 w/ turbo is not enough plan on the ECU chip being released later this year, boosting to 304 HP!

3 Tome Winner
By EFS on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We looked at Mercedes C230 series and Lexus ES 330. There is no comparison in integrity and safety. The 16 inch wheel package adds to the great looks. The heavier glass is a surprising plus in quietness. Even without the turbo there is plenty of power. 100% satisfied with the car. The dealership, unfortunately has some service problems. I have never had a Volvo that didn't go 250,000 miles. I expect no less from this one.

volvo fan for life
By bpmba on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

i traded in a '98 s70 glt turbo for this s60 ... and i love it! i custom ordered it with premium & sport packages, dstc and bi-xenon headlights, so i had to wait a few months for its arrival. this car is **much** smaller than my s70 and that part's taken a little getting used to. but overall, i'm very pleased with its handling, performance and styling.

I love this car!
By LoriSF on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I LOVE this car! It not only looks great but handles fantastically. The ride is smooth and the car stays hugged to the rode when going around turns. Volvo has made great design improvements with the very elegant exterior of this car. I hope they keep this style for a long time. The seats are extremely comfortable too.

Awesome Car
By AvRick on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Just took delivery two days ago and I absolutely love this sedan. The fit and finish is next to perfect and it handles great. It's the quietest car I've ever driven and although it only has the 2.4, it is quick and nimble enough for this 50 year-old.

S60 step up
By skm on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I previously leased a Volvo S40 and with the lease coming up, my husband found a private owner of an S60 who needed to sell because of a change in circumstances. We test drove the car and what a step up from the S40. Don't get me wrong, I loved the S40 but my kids quickly outgrew the backseat. The S60 has so much more leg room I am sure I will be keeping it for a long time. The drive is beautiful with a tight steering wheel smaller than I am used to but feels like a race car!

I thought this was a volvo
By androidv11 on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Nice exterior styling and sleek interior, though the back seat is a little crampled. 5 speed very responsive and quick. Sound system good though not as good as Japanese models I've owned. Three significant events in first week of ownership; fuel line coupling broke rendering the car inoperable, Volvo would only tow the car 25 miles free (dealership was 31 from my location, right rear shock absorber squeeks loudly. Might consider another car next time.

AWESOME SWEDE
By ODIN on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've had the car for about 2 months & I'm still impressed. Car has tremendous grip. Turbo boost peaks at low revs giving superb & effortless off the line acceleration. Seems much quicker then specs suggest. Great auto transmission, almost never feel it shifting. Tremendous brakes & AWD, never heard the tires squeal even under emergency conditions. Accelerates 0-60 within .1 sec of the more $ auto T5 & R models & R model REQUIRES changing to winter tires. Had that pain with my last car. Added on a Magellan navigation system. Absolutely awesome. I can't get lost no matter how hard I try. Overall a great everyday car.

Volvo curse
By Dianne W on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We've owned our brand new 2004 S60 2.5T for 10 days and its been at the service dept for more than half of the time we've owned it. The night we drove it home, we noticed a vibration-shimmie which, after 3 attempts, the dealer has been unable to diagnose and repair; they have balanced the tires, changed the tires and the problem has not been resolved after three attempts. We've put more miles on the loaner cars than our own car, lemon law here we come. We bought a BIG, EXPENSIVE problem; we never expected this to happen with Volvo's reputation and the amount of money that we spent, but it did!

First time volvo owner
By popec on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.5T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Very impressed with the smoothness of the ride. Has great pick up and really moves when you step on the gas. Turbo lag is something that I had to get used to, but does not affect the driving experience.