2004 Volvo S60 R Consumer Reviews 10

2004 Volvo S60 R - Consumer Reviews

R 2.5L 5-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Manual - (117 reviews )
S-60 R - 6 Speed
By Medicap99 on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had American performance cars for many years. The Volvo S60 R is my first experience with European performance. The car handles superbly; Accelerates briskly and smoothly; Overall, performs flawlessly. It is an impressive ride.

S60R is a great car
By rqc on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The S60R combines sport, luxury, and practicality in a way no competing vehicle does. It is fast, handles magnificently, the Brembo brakes are amazing and yet it has a big trunk and a 60/40 folding rear seat. The seats are the most comfortable I've ever sat in. I have the Automatic, not the Manual transmission.

Wow!
By Rrrreally Nice on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Just got my S60R. Wow! Silver with the blue interior is the way to go. The blue leather is not as loud as in the brochure. Acceleration and handling are excellent, and the seats are much more comfortable than the BMW 5 series.

Great Value
By GOIrish on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Exceptional value for the Money. Looked at M3, S4, G35, TL, C32AMG, A4, 330i, 330xi and you just can't beat or match the performance and AWD received from the Volovo at its price level. Not as fast as M,S or AMG versions but faster then all the rest. Insurance costs for this car also make it more attractive then the burners.

Fun
By Cuyama on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Fun to drive, comfortable, great sound system, I have no regrets.

Value!
By peglegger on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Great value for a high-performance, fun-to-drive car with an awesome interior. The Atacama leather is an option that I wasn't going to do, then decided to get it at the last minute...awesome. Stereo is incredible. Big step up from my previous car, Audi A6 (that was only the 2.8 liter, however). Interior and variable chassis would be the two biggest plusses over the A6.

Great Car
By Max Monrovia on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Can't beat it for the money, Unless you want to drive something ugly. It's fun to drive, fast, and quick. I find myself driving much faster than normal and cursing those who drive merely 10mph over the speedlimit, because the car makes it so easy to do. Looks good ('specially for a Volvo). Plus it has all of the thoughtful conviences you'd expect from a luxury car.

FM Problems
By drrjb on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned this turbo for three months now and on the second day I noticed poor to no reception on the FM radio its been in the shop three times and goin in for #4 and still no fix...The people at the dealership have not been very understanding and basically deny the problem exists...The fourth time better fix it or else.....The turbo with the tiptronic is hard to power shift due to the turbo lag...the headlights are set to low..The AWD creates oversteer..The turning radius is horrible for this size car

Having it all
By Prof Chaos on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been waiting for a car like this for a long time. It is the most fun I have ever had driving. The speed and handling has far exceeded my expectations. I look forward to driving the car every day.

My new R
By Ramib1 on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 R R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is by far the best car I've ever driven - or own. I almost bought a G35, until I took the R for a test drive. I bought it on the spot. It's not only the amazing performance, but the complete package, including comfort, design, quality, and of course, safety. For a price of a BMW 330 you get a bigger, faster, better looking car, with performance only a tad below an M.