2004 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
217,000 and going strong
By birddogphil on 12/12/12 19:09 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have driven this car for business for the last 8 years.This is my second Volvo in recent years and I consider this S60 to be as close to the perfect car for me as I will ever get.With the 2.4 engine,I think the performance is good but obviously not stellar.Reliability,comfort,style,MPG are however all stellar.Keep a few extra bulbs on hand,change the oil and do regular maintenance and do what I am planning to do-keep driving this car for 300,000 miles and then decide if I should look for a new ride.

Sweet
By ATY on 11/12/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car and plan to keep for at least 10 years or more since I only put 10K miles per year on the car. Besides $ for oil changes, I purchased a new set of TSW rims that are powdered gray against the white car. I do have a recurring problem where the computer loses it program and the dealer has to download a new one, on three different occasions. Also, the turning radius is pathetic and the tires grind when turning too hard. But, it gets great MPG and drives like a dream. Also in the past 4 years I probably replaced 5 tail light bulbs?

Still Great After 75 Thousand Miles
By KPboy on 08/07/09 03:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I got this S60 hoping it would be reliable, and it hasn't let me down. Year after year it has been problem free. After almost 6 full years of service, it has been the best car I have ever owned. I even live in a mountainous region with constant hill driving and braking, and the S60 manages quite nicely. The only money I have spent on this car since purchase has been for the regular maintenance intervals. If you are looking for something rock solid when it comes to safety and reliability, then this one is the absolute best. I would know, ive had 2 benzes, a BMW and an Audi. This one impresses me more than any of those.

2004 Volvo review
By eturner on 05/31/09 12:28 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Have owned two previous Volvo's and now own two 2004 S-60 2.4 sedans. Have driven both long distance and around town and find them to be very enjoyable to drive.

Exterior Beauty
By amspychalski on 05/12/09 17:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Bought my S60 used with 60k miles, and couldn't be happier with the price I paid. While I was not completely happy with the overall acceleration from stop (which was greatly improved by adding a cool-air intake for $30), the performance and handling of the car is great. Before the addition of the intake, the car got 30 mpg (around 35 with). I get positive comments all the time regarding the looks of the car. The bi-xenon headlamps, leather interior, and 18 inch wheels are must-have options that drastically change the appearance of the car. The handling on windy roads is fantastic. Acceleration from stop is not great, but makes up for it in the quick jump it can make from 40 to 80+ mph

Glorified Yugo
By Doug on 01/11/08 14:31 PM (PST)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I can agree with the safety and reliability written about this car. The comfort is just marginal. What destroys this car is the turning radius! The car is slow and the gas mileage is average. The interior is sooo small. I have a child seat in the back and it takes over the backseat! Being 6'2" is a real problem with the interior size. Overall, I would never get another Volvo!

Volvo for life is true
By SMPM on 06/27/07 06:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My S60 was a fleet vehicle w/low miles. I averaged 36 mpg hwy driving the car back home cross-country. The car is safe, solid - it's not nimble like my old A4 or current Jetta, but solid. If I hit anything with this car, I will either push it out of the way or run over it - that's the feeling this car's drive quality has - heavy, solid, secure. Ergonomics on this car are superb. The seating is heaven and safety-blessed with the WHPS system. I have the 2.4L engine, and while I don't drag race, I know I have reasonable passing power. I drive this car like a hybrid - slow off the start, no wasted fuel, moderate braking on stops, and I average around 26/27mpg in urban driving.

Love Car, No So Dealer
By MAE on 08/03/06 16:01 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I adore this car, it's comfortable and sporty and I got all the bells & whistles under dealer invoice because I bought a fleet model off the floor. My only complaint is my "sneaky" dealership in Summit NJ and added fee for the extended warranty which I thought was included w/a certified pre- owned. I didn't catch it until too late - anyone else have this experience???

fantastic
By Chavez on 06/07/06 13:48 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The car is fantastic. Has pretty much every option I wanted, but about $3,000- $7,000 less than similar category cars. Also, I have 50,000 more miles of Volvo certified warranty...

After 24,000 miles...
By GV3 on 05/18/06 13:24 PM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

...glad to report this is a great car. I purchased my 2.4 at the end of the 04 model year from my dealer's service fleet. In the two years I've owned it, it has been completely trouble free; the only $ I have spent is on oil changes. Front seat comfort is outstanding, although rear seating is a bit tight. Not a fast car in terms of 0-60 acceleration, but not slow, either; mid-range acceleration when passing or merging is quite good. Ergonomics are terrific. My other car is a BMW 3-series, which frankly is more fun to drive, but the Volvo's comfort is the choice of my wife and I for a longer trip. I traded a C-class for the Volvo, and feel we traded up in comfort and reliability.