Used 2004 Volvo S60 2.4 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

217,000 and going strong
By birddogphil

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have driven this car for business for the last 8 years.This is my second Volvo in recent years and I consider this S60 to be as close to the perfect car for me as I will ever get.With the 2.4 engine,I think the performance is good but obviously not stellar.Reliability,comfort,style,MPG are however all stellar.Keep a few extra bulbs on hand,change the oil and do regular maintenance and do what I am planning to do-keep driving this car for 300,000 miles and then decide if I should look for a new ride.

The leather still smells new after 10 years.Don't ask me how this could be possible

Center console is too small and a little weak.

Sweet
By ATY

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car and plan to keep for at least 10 years or more since I only put 10K miles per year on the car. Besides $ for oil changes, I purchased a new set of TSW rims that are powdered gray against the white car. I do have a recurring problem where the computer loses it program and the dealer has to download a new one, on three different occasions. Also, the turning radius is pathetic and the tires grind when turning too hard. But, it gets great MPG and drives like a dream. Also in the past 4 years I probably replaced 5 tail light bulbs?

Well built, like the tight sound when you shut the doors. Extremely safe! Large trunk. Comfortable leather seats. Next time I would like to buy an S80.

Fix turning radius. I like the looks of 2004 S60 tail lights the best.

Still Great After 75 Thousand Miles
By KPboy

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I got this S60 hoping it would be reliable, and it hasn't let me down. Year after year it has been problem free. After almost 6 full years of service, it has been the best car I have ever owned. I even live in a mountainous region with constant hill driving and braking, and the S60 manages quite nicely. The only money I have spent on this car since purchase has been for the regular maintenance intervals. If you are looking for something rock solid when it comes to safety and reliability, then this one is the absolute best. I would know, ive had 2 benzes, a BMW and an Audi. This one impresses me more than any of those.

Nice large trunk, Rock-Solid reliability, Nice Audio System Performance, Comfortable and Supportive Seats, Convenient Coat hook on headrest, Firm and precise steering.

Rear legroom is lacking, quicker 2.4 engine, inclusion of station preset buttons, improved center console layout, ability to open trunk while the engine is running.

2004 Volvo review
By eturner

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Have owned two previous Volvo's and now own two 2004 S-60 2.4 sedans. Have driven both long distance and around town and find them to be very enjoyable to drive.

Like the leather interior along with the layout of the interior and the ease of finding all of the different controls.Like the wrap around feeling, like being in a cockpit.

Maybe an upgraded audio, but the one in the car has very good sound.

Exterior Beauty
By amspychalski

2004 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Bought my S60 used with 60k miles, and couldn't be happier with the price I paid. While I was not completely happy with the overall acceleration from stop (which was greatly improved by adding a cool-air intake for $30), the performance and handling of the car is great. Before the addition of the intake, the car got 30 mpg (around 35 with). I get positive comments all the time regarding the looks of the car. The bi-xenon headlamps, leather interior, and 18 inch wheels are must-have options that drastically change the appearance of the car. The handling on windy roads is fantastic. Acceleration from stop is not great, but makes up for it in the quick jump it can make from 40 to 80+ mph

Body styling, comfortable front bucket seats, heating/cooling system works extremely well, quality leather upholstery, traction control, handling/suspension ride, the little button you can press to drop the rear headrests (it's both cool and convenient), the premium sound system

Engine needs tuning and little tweaks to beef up to decent standards. Leg room in the back seat is very limited. There is only one button to lock/unlock the doors, which is a simple annoyance. Oil changes require you to buy your own oil filter at another venue.