2003 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Love it
By Love to drive on 04/13/07 07:45 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I used these reviews before buying, so I feel I need to contribute. Own an SUV and wanted a "run around" car. It's safe (I have 2 kids) and very fun to drive (I got a manual transimission). The gas mileage is excellent. It has a luxury feel but is sporty. My heated seats work just fine. It handles curves nicely. Took me a while to figure out all the bells and whistles.

Very Comfortable but Brake and Trunk Pro
By allen on 12/13/06 17:21 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Bought this vehicle 6 months ago - very comfortable to drive and looks great but persistent problems with brakes and trunk. After 5 attempts the dealer finally fixed the trunk alignment problem but they have decided the brake noise is just "normal" for this car. Never had a "normal" brake noise on any of my previous cars (Toyotas and Hondas) The trunk is also too small to fit my golf clubs in without taking two of them out of the bag! Finally I have a low pitched "rumble" at highway speeds that despite three attempts to get the dealer to fix is still present. Car also needs a better coin box.

You may have big trouble with S60
By Incubus on 05/02/06 06:56 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Well, Ford-owned Volvo needs to improve a lot. After riding a year, the engine of S60 stops sometimes during maneuver and the big problem cannot be fixed yet. The suspension is now too soft to give firm ride comfort and the interior makes a rather noisy sound.

not really a good value for the dough
By karen frietsch on 04/01/06 04:58 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

very expensive. mediocre fit and finish. sport model will cost you in tires no matter how careful. noisy. uncomfortable driver's seating even with power adjustment. cramped. lots of plastic.blind spots.unimpressive for the money. dealership price gouging. running lights will also cost you in bulbs and they are a challenge to change.stereo is ok, not great.can't believe there is no homefinder garage door opening system. exterior dents easily. overall, i wouldn't recommend this car for the price. you can do better, for sure.

So Far so Good S60
By Fredericksburg Steve on 02/06/06 13:10 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just bought my S60 2.4T about 10 days ago. It was a certified car and coincidentally, it had 3 years or 56K miles, whichever comes first, of B-to-B warranty remaining the day I bought it (1/28/2006). I wanted to buy a certified BMW 330i or a 325i but they were just too expensive. Nonetheless, my quest for a European sports sedan led me to the Volvo dealer and a test drive in my metallic silver S60 with the 17" "Stentor" wheels and Continental ContactSport II tires. I am very pleased so far with my S60 and I do like the "auto-stick" feature of the Geartronic transmission. The front seats are most comfortable and the memory settings please my wife also. I think I made the right choice.

Still glad I did buy it.
By pj650 on 01/31/06 11:52 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I still love getting in and driving my car. The interior looks 10 fold better with the woodgrain package which I have. I solved the radio display by getting the windows a mild tint. The rattle I heard was coming from the spare not tight enough. All is well now.

Very Satisfied
By Miss Satisfied on 10/23/05 12:56 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I had a Honda Accord, a Lexus, Acura TL before this car and I LOVE my Volvo S60!!! I always wanted one when they got rid of the boxy body style. I get lots of compliments. It has a great extended warranty 5 yrs or 100,000 miles. I just wish I gotten the heated seats option, but from reading these reviews they don't sound warm enough. Overall, a great buy and a good investment as any when it comes to a buying a car.

S60 rattles and repairs
By Jon on 08/16/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought the Volvo based on price (5 speed was deeply discounted) and the supposed reliability. Other than an 88 Tarus I had as a company car, the Volvo has been in the shop more than any car I have owned. At 500 miles the cam sensor went out. So the first 10 days I owned the car it was in the shop for 6. Its has been in for rattles three times. Bad oxygen sensor needed replacing. Fog light "plug" fell out of the bumper. Lug nuts are rusting. And the rattles are still present. I like driving the car the car, the comfort and fuel economy,32 mpg highway at 70, but you have to live with a lot of minor issues that are annoying. Oh, and the check engine light is coming on sporadically.

Great Car
By Kirrannus on 08/08/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent touring car with good power. Drives well in winter with the DSTC. Steering column controls are easily accessed.

S60 AWD - Slightly Sopoforic
By beau on 03/10/05 14:08 PM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

A sturdy car without a whole lot in the character department. I always felt safe. However, there wasn't much soul to the ride. AWD worked great in snow/ice. However, be warned that if you get a flat tire and there is slight wear on the tires, you must purchase 4 new tires. This increases the cost of ownership in my opinion.