Used 2003 Volvo S60 T5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Great Car
By Kirrannus

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent touring car with good power. Drives well in winter with the DSTC. Steering column controls are easily accessed.

Heated, Adjustable Seats, Rain sensing windshield wipers, Controls on Steering Wheel and roomy trunk.

Would like better with a 6 speed manual. Wish the shifter was on a shorter stalk. Stereo sounds a little muzzled on my favorite NPR station.

Misterious Coldstart reaction
By elvira

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I now own a 2003 S60 T5. My first try was a new 2002 S60T5 which was returned to Volvo because when cold starting the vehicle and placing it in gear the car would "choke" and jump. Now our 2003, brand new volvo S60 T5 is doing the same thing and the dealership cannot find what the problem is. This is very frustrating since i'm paying a fortune for the car, and my confidence in the reliability of the vehicle has been blemished. I'm truly dissapointed in the ability of checking the vehicles system for faults, since Volvo appears unable to detect the fault.

The stereo system is plush and so is the rest of the vehicles interior, very comfortable and elegant.

Car needs more space in back seating. And most of all someone to figure out what is making my T5 act up after cold start.

Wow . . .Great car!
By Happy T5 owner

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The comfort, performance and handling are great. The driving experience is exhilarating. And in terms of safety, the car does live up to what it's cracked up to be. I was hit by a Ford Explorer going 55 mph on my left front; it rolled; obviously totaled. The Volvo, $14k to fix. The frame & wheel-well was not affected at all. It was unreal. The car was driveable. And being inside, I didn't see him coming (which was good) so all I heard was this crunching metal sound. I didn't feel anything. It was the equivalent of going over a rail-road track. Very strange. There was myself, front passenger and a child in the left- rear. No injuries.

The Audiomax stereo system. Don't buy the car without it! And the geartronic transmission, the ability to go from standard to automatic is handy, and fun as well.

Automatic door locks.

An excellent car
By pault

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm very pleased. Rock solid build, no unnerving shimmies rattles or shakes. To date, not a single glitch has arison - the car has been bullet- proof. Great styling, rich feature set, and veeeeery comfortable (at least in the front seat). Surprisingly good fuel economy.

T5 engine is a rocket, very fun to drive. Industry standard-setting front seats. Tremendous stereo.

The suspension is more tuned toward luxo than sport - but it's still an exilarating drive. Steering is a bit over boosted for my tastes (consistent with my first comment). Xenon lights should be an option (at least) these days.

Unbelievably Priced for what you get.
By Harry Hausen

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

First let me say that if you buy an S60 definatly get the T5. The 17" Tethys wheels add so much to the cars styling. The T5's performance is also remarkable. The bottom line is that this car looks, feels, and performs like a car that should cost considerably more. I think this is one of the best values out there.

I like just about everything. The seats are unbelievably soft. I get comments on it everytime someone rides in the car, within the first 5 seconds. The car also performs well. No lack of speed an excelleration at high cruising speeds is not a problem.

Like other comments I agree that the back seat is entirely too tight. The transmission also seems to be a bit rough at times.