2003 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Great Car
By Kirrannus on 08/08/05 13:13 PM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Excellent touring car with good power. Drives well in winter with the DSTC. Steering column controls are easily accessed.

Misterious Coldstart reaction
By elvira on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I now own a 2003 S60 T5. My first try was a new 2002 S60T5 which was returned to Volvo because when cold starting the vehicle and placing it in gear the car would "choke" and jump. Now our 2003, brand new volvo S60 T5 is doing the same thing and the dealership cannot find what the problem is. This is very frustrating since i'm paying a fortune for the car, and my confidence in the reliability of the vehicle has been blemished. I'm truly dissapointed in the ability of checking the vehicles system for faults, since Volvo appears unable to detect the fault.

Wow . . .Great car!
By Happy T5 owner on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The comfort, performance and handling are great. The driving experience is exhilarating. And in terms of safety, the car does live up to what it's cracked up to be. I was hit by a Ford Explorer going 55 mph on my left front; it rolled; obviously totaled. The Volvo, $14k to fix. The frame & wheel-well was not affected at all. It was unreal. The car was driveable. And being inside, I didn't see him coming (which was good) so all I heard was this crunching metal sound. I didn't feel anything. It was the equivalent of going over a rail-road track. Very strange. There was myself, front passenger and a child in the left- rear. No injuries.

An excellent car
By pault on 03/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm very pleased. Rock solid build, no unnerving shimmies rattles or shakes. To date, not a single glitch has arison - the car has been bullet- proof. Great styling, rich feature set, and veeeeery comfortable (at least in the front seat). Surprisingly good fuel economy.

Unbelievably Priced for what you get.
By Harry Hausen on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

First let me say that if you buy an S60 definatly get the T5. The 17" Tethys wheels add so much to the cars styling. The T5's performance is also remarkable. The bottom line is that this car looks, feels, and performs like a car that should cost considerably more. I think this is one of the best values out there.

Wait and See
By BobW on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Unfortnately I had a 1999 S-80 T6 prior to buying the 2003 S-60 T5…….so far the S-60 is a great car but with only 626 miles … it is a wait and see game.