Used 2003 Volvo S60 2.4T Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Reliable, Safe, Fast, great MPG
By Lois

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Best vehicle I have ever owned. Ultra-reliable! Have 100K miles and have put nothing but brakes, tires, filters, bulbs and one O2 sensor in the car. Find me a toyota or honda that is that reliable, I dare you! Still as fast as the day I bought it. Gets 33 MPG on the highway at 75 mph. Still looks like new, leather looks perfect, everything works. Why they do not hold their value, no idea. Easily will get 250K miles and still be beautiful doing it. Highly recommend as a used gem of a car. Why buy a used camry or accord for more money, when you can get a loaded Volvo that gets better mpgs!

Reliable, great mpg, fast, interior comfort, exterior styling, paint, sound system, heated seats, build quality, highway handling is incredible, winter mode and spin control make winter driving more enjoyable

Front mud flaps make weird noises on very sharp turns. Turning radius is not the best.

Great used value. Safe and sporty
By Popps

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I love my S60, even with its flaws. In my opinion, the best looking body of any sports sedan. Great reliability history, especially for a Volvo. Let's hope they continue this trend. Ride is good. Peppy, but I'd prefer a bit more power. (I have 2.4T) Interior design is fine, but could be a bit more refined for a luxury sedan. (See Infiniti) Gas mileage is surprisingly good. An excellent used value, as Volvo's don't hold value like a BMW/Mercedes. Again, it's not perfect, but I love mine and doubt you'll do any better for the money in the used market.

Beautiful exterior design, safe and reliable.

A bit more attention to interior detail and Volvo really needs to pack more punch in their base models.

So Far so Good S60
By Fredericksburg Steve

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I just bought my S60 2.4T about 10 days ago. It was a certified car and coincidentally, it had 3 years or 56K miles, whichever comes first, of B-to-B warranty remaining the day I bought it (1/28/2006). I wanted to buy a certified BMW 330i or a 325i but they were just too expensive. Nonetheless, my quest for a European sports sedan led me to the Volvo dealer and a test drive in my metallic silver S60 with the 17" "Stentor" wheels and Continental ContactSport II tires. I am very pleased so far with my S60 and I do like the "auto-stick" feature of the Geartronic transmission. The front seats are most comfortable and the memory settings please my wife also. I think I made the right choice.

Auto-stick and rain sensing wipers. The Continental tires are real grippy on wet and dry pavements. NO slipping on hard cornering.

More storage nooks and if you have a beverage or cup you can't really use the arm rest "as" an arm rest. I would recommend putting all season 235-45- 17's on the car if you live in an area where there is a chance of snow. Continental's are nice but are no good in snow and ice.

Still glad I did buy it.
By pj650

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I still love getting in and driving my car. The interior looks 10 fold better with the woodgrain package which I have. I solved the radio display by getting the windows a mild tint. The rattle I heard was coming from the spare not tight enough. All is well now.

Handling, gas mileage, body lines, front seat, sound system. Well thought out control buttons.

Coin holder needs sizing.

Great Car
By Pittsburgh Sean

2003 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife and I leased the S60 2.4T. This car isn't perfect, but we love it none the less. None of the quirks we have found in it would cause us not to get the car again. I would have probably preferred a 3 series, but ruled it out because of rear-wheel drive and that arrogant stereo-type of BMW drivers. There are some things that I would have expected to be a little better in a car of this price (stickered at $36,000). The engine is kind of noisey. In my opinion, it should be whisper quiet. Also, when the AC compressor kicks on, you know it. I wish the car had more "nooks and crannies" to put stuff in. Storage space in the cabin is at a premium.

Turbo has plenty of power, one of few cars in it's class with front wheel drive, safety, looks, the front seats are terrific.

smoothness of engine, more spaces to put stuff.