Used 2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Great commuter car
By agr_msu

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my wife's car, she absolutely loves it. She commutes about 70 miles a day each way and the car is comfortable, reliable, and looks good to her peers. We love the manual transmission and regularly get 32 mpg. Our only complaint is that the backseat is a tight fit for a baby/infant seat. It holds adults fine.

Manual transmission, styling, reliability, power everything.

We would like a little more room for that infant seat.

One of the best cars I have ever had
By L.A. Philip

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Of all the cars I have ever owned this is one of my favorites. This is a solid built very comfortable car. I would suggest the power seat package. The interior can look kind of drab, I have the extra wood kit and it makes a 100% difference in the look of the dash and interior I typically only keep a car 3 to 4 years I have had this one going on 6 years and still enjoy driving it. The car is great in bad weather, you hit the “W” mode and the car grips the road in heavy rain. The rear fog light gets people to back off tailgating in the heavy fog. On the freeway for road trips I get about 30 MPG, in town I average about 19 MPG. The 60/40 split folding back seat is nice to have.

The driver's seat is the best I have ever sat in, more comfortable then Lexus, BMW and MBZ seats. I would suggest the power seat package. This car is very sure footed in the rain.

Rear seat leg room, the trunk is large but a small trunk lid so not the best access to the trunk space. The gas door hinge is plastic and breaks at about 5 ½ years old.

Solid Car
By Nikki

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am on my third volvo and they have maintained their high level of quality. I continue to be impressed with the comfort and useability of the interior. The performance is lacking the oomph that many newer cars have. Great highway gas mileage (I get around 36 MPG highway). The backseat is lacking leg room, but is comfortable with two adults, three is a squeeze. I recommend Volvo to those looking for a comfortable, reliable car.

Moon roof, ergonomically designed seats, power driver seat.

More legroom for passengers in rear, better city gas mileage.

Love it
By Love to drive

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I used these reviews before buying, so I feel I need to contribute. Own an SUV and wanted a "run around" car. It's safe (I have 2 kids) and very fun to drive (I got a manual transimission). The gas mileage is excellent. It has a luxury feel but is sporty. My heated seats work just fine. It handles curves nicely. Took me a while to figure out all the bells and whistles.

Dual temp zones. Backseat vents for air cond/ heat. Sunroof. Safety. Wiper sensors. Large trunk for stroller, diaper bag, etc.

Back seat headrests take up a lot of visibility through back windshield. Homelink would be nice. MP3 plug in would be nice.

You may have big trouble with S60
By Incubus

2003 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Well, Ford-owned Volvo needs to improve a lot. After riding a year, the engine of S60 stops sometimes during maneuver and the big problem cannot be fixed yet. The suspension is now too soft to give firm ride comfort and the interior makes a rather noisy sound.

The acceleration is still good despite non-turbo 2.4L engine.

Volvo should offer better reliability and build-quality for an automobile maker.