Sweet car, poor reliability
By MODandANGRY on
2002 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)
By far, one of my favorite cars EVER!!! Too bad it's always in the shop. I now only have 57K, and the Central Control Module has crapped out twice. I've also had to replace the clutch master cylinder which wasn't covered under warranty for $800. So far, these two are the only serious problems, but other little electrical things occur. The power window switches won't work, the radio randomly turns on and off, any number of light bulbs are constantly burning out, and the headliner vibrates which can be VERY irritating at times. I would recomend the 5sp. Besides the master cylinder no other problems, unlike the auto. Problems aside, this is an EXTREMELY fun and comfortable car to drive.
Favorite Features
Stock Radio thumps, when it's working. Handles like a dream, when you replace the orginal tires with something more suitable. And the driver seating position... you couldn't ask for anything more comfortable.
Suggested Improvements
Volvo should seriously consider recalling the whole electrical system. Do not buy unless you have an amazing warranty, or the money to spend on this beauty