Good on open highways, terrible ride on rougher roads. Great engine, but terrible car quality overall.
Purchased new with 8K on odometer:
* Before 30K miles:
- Engine mounts broke
- Black smoke from air.cond vents (on inspection Calabasas Volvo reported nothing found.. yeah right)
- some air.cond fans no longer work
- Radio sporadically changes station
- Suspension bushings broke
- Defrost broke - only does 1/2 window
* Before 60K:
- Transmission problems - takes 5+ secs to get in gear
- Roof gutter-tracks paint is pealing
- Plastic ext. trim is popping off
- Plastic ext. trim quickly faded to light gray
- Eng. mnts broke a 2nd time
* much much more..
* Engine is powerful and very reliable.
* Very quiet inside
* Comfortabe front seat (no leg room on back seats though)
* Excellent on major open highways
* Door remotes have memory (for seats, mirrors, etc.) but are expensive ($200 ea if lost)
* Redesign transmission (fails too quickly)
* Redesign suspension (very rough ride on streets vibrates and breaks everything inside)
* Find quality fans for air.cond
* Find more reliable radio system
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.