2002 Volvo S60 2.4L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Great Car For The Money!

2002 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2002 Volvo S60 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great Car For The Money!
By dingo686 on

2002 Volvo S60 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have put 30k miles on mine and these are my impressions so far at 80K miles. I used to be a Honda guy but when I couldn't find a used one at a descent price I drove this car and boy am I glad I did. These cars have all the reliability of the Japanese cars but better fit and finish and quality. Just open and shut the doors of this car and you'll know what I'm talking about. Only problem I've had with this car is the fuel pump cracked but it is a recall item so I took it to the dealer and they replaced it no charge. I have replaced one daytime running lamp and the oil and that's it. To me you get the looks, feel, most of the peppiness and quality of a BMW 3 series but at half the price.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior: I am 6'5 and the front seats give the most leg room of any 4 door I've sat in. Plus high headrests assure no severe whiplash if you get rear ended. Peppy Engine: you won't win any drag races but it will get up and go and have power to pass with ease at highway speeds. Fun To Drive

Suggested Improvements

Visibility because of the high headrests. Large turning radius. No leg room for rear passengers. Space between the Accelerator pedal and the Brake pedal needs to be bigger. If you wear wide-soled shoes you can catch both at the same time.