2002 Volvo S60 2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Beauty lasts so long

2002 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2.4 Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Beauty lasts so long
By omid on

2002 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The car rides comfortably. The seat grabs your body and makes for great long trips. The exterior is well designed. The trunk is full of space and I've moved several times with the car. Rear passengers are really comfortable. The two plugs are great. Other than that the car is a pain. Things that shouldn't ever go bad, go bad on the model. I've changed the brake booster and front suspension and O2 sensor. It would have been nice if the O2 sensor had lasted a bit long. The repairs are really pricey too. The stock stereo is plagued, either the speakers blow easily or the stereo gets tired of your music. My heart wants a new Volvo but my mind knows a reliable cheaper to fix car might be better.

Favorite Features

Seats, ride, hauling space, design, safety, tape deck.

Suggested Improvements

Volvo should make a car and stand by it for at least 100,000 miles like their reputation of well built cars demands. Brake booster, stereo, suspension, sensors. The first three should last the life of the car. It's hard to sell future cars if your current cars don't sell themselves.