2002 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Not worth it
By Butterfly2 on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Volvo has a complete lack of customer care concepts. We've had several mechanical problems and fear the day the warranty runs out. Very difficult to see in order to change lanes. Back seat has NO leg room.

Not what a Volvo used to be
By Miguelito on 04/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have had many issues with this car. The transmission slips, hard start in the morning, and hard to keep it running when cold, stalls out repeatedly . Ignition Cylinder just had to be replaced. Electrical system also. Cannot understand what happened to Volvo quality. I have 3 Volvo's. All 2002 model years, S40, S60,and a S80. No problems except with the S60. I am planning to get rid of this one very, very soon.

One of the finest I've ever driven
By srfrdrew on 03/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

My wife and I test drove Audi, Lexus, Mercedes and BMW... the Volvo S60 was the most comfortable, sporty and fun to drive car. We love it!!

Volvo for LIFE!
By DonGuba on 03/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Best Car for the Money - New or Used. Will never buy anything else but Volvo. Audi, SAAB, ro BMW are not even close. Volvo for LIFE!

great car
By Scotttttt on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great freeway car with great looks and the smoothness that seems like you are riding on glass, with power to spare!

I just don't get it
By Jaxster on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Doesn't handle as well as a BMW, isn't as comfortable or user-friendly as a Lexus, costs more than either. View is limited, gas mileage is atrocious, turbo has significant lag time. On the plus side, front seats are extremely comfortable and car handles quite nicely if not spectacularly. On the whole though, I can't wait until my lease is up.

Needs work but NICE
By beli on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Nice car in many ways but needs a few thigns to make perfect: 1) Has BIG blind spots b/c of saftey features and design.. adjusting seats may help or narrowing support beams. 2) Electronics have always been Volvos weakness.. they should outsource all to Japan ASAP! 3) My S60 needs turbo.. my fault. 4) Maybe a rear wiper.. rear window is almost flat and gets covered easily.

S60 AWD
By J L on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my S60AWD 7 months ago with 10000 on it I've put 8000 miles on it so far, and it has been perfect. I lowered it and it transformed the car into a handling fool. The ride is as good or better than before and it handles like a slot car. Comfortable, roomy in front. No complaints whatsoever. Could have a better (standard) stereo and speakers. I wish it had the optional Volvo radio as that is a wonderful piece J L

steering/poor
By R.J.D. on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

When taking turns, they are poor because ,of front wheel drive.Very tuff in tight parking spots.Try it before you buy.GOOD LUCK.

so happy!!
By jenn on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We drove pretty much every imaginable car, truck and SUV out there before we settled on the Volvo. I've had it just about a year and am SO happy with my choice. We drove many other luxury cars, Lexus, BMW, Infinity and weren't sure which to go with. I have friends and family who went with the other choices and have had so many problems. So glad I stuck with Volvo.