Used 2002 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

I just don't get it
By Jaxster

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Doesn't handle as well as a BMW, isn't as comfortable or user-friendly as a Lexus, costs more than either. View is limited, gas mileage is atrocious, turbo has significant lag time. On the plus side, front seats are extremely comfortable and car handles quite nicely if not spectacularly. On the whole though, I can't wait until my lease is up.

Comfortable seats, tilt/pull-out steering wheel, automatic headlights, individual climate controls.

Improve visibility to side when turning. Add more storage space to vehicle interior.

Needs work but NICE
By beli

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Nice car in many ways but needs a few thigns to make perfect: 1) Has BIG blind spots b/c of saftey features and design.. adjusting seats may help or narrowing support beams. 2) Electronics have always been Volvos weakness.. they should outsource all to Japan ASAP! 3) My S60 needs turbo.. my fault. 4) Maybe a rear wiper.. rear window is almost flat and gets covered easily.

Design, interior refinement, stereo.

AS above

S60 AWD
By J L

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought my S60AWD 7 months ago with 10000 on it I've put 8000 miles on it so far, and it has been perfect. I lowered it and it transformed the car into a handling fool. The ride is as good or better than before and it handles like a slot car. Comfortable, roomy in front. No complaints whatsoever. Could have a better (standard) stereo and speakers. I wish it had the optional Volvo radio as that is a wonderful piece J L

A little more power would be nice but I really have no complaints

steering/poor
By R.J.D.

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

When taking turns, they are poor because ,of front wheel drive.Very tuff in tight parking spots.Try it before you buy.GOOD LUCK.

Overall,performance is great,reliabl auto.Safe&dependebale.

Improveing steering,please make changes. This makes the comfit of driveingand the feeling of being safe behind the wheel.I have own volvo most of my life,don't let me change my mine to go to a toyto.THANK YOU.

so happy!!
By jenn

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We drove pretty much every imaginable car, truck and SUV out there before we settled on the Volvo. I've had it just about a year and am SO happy with my choice. We drove many other luxury cars, Lexus, BMW, Infinity and weren't sure which to go with. I have friends and family who went with the other choices and have had so many problems. So glad I stuck with Volvo.

Love the interior, leather seats, moonroof, comfort

power, blind spot