2002 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Great on the Autobahn
By driving in Europe on 03/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is great on the Autobahn, it is capable of diving 230kmph or approximately 130 mph all day long. When you do so forget about good MPG, however up to 100mph you can still get 20MPG. I have driven this car all around europe and bought it over the 3 and 5 series BMW, which says alot since my wife is German. I did drive the T5, which was nice but decided the 2.4T was a good compromise and could drive as fast and handled as wel as the T5. Note it drove as fast based on the goverened top speed, the T5 will get you to 230kmph faster.

Setting the record straight on 2.4T
By esp63 on 03/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My previous review somehow calculated a bizarre overall rating. This is a wonderful,well-balanced vehicle. Comfort, quality, convenience, styling- has it all. Handling is good(not a 10/10th's car, more of a 9/10th's) and rewards subtle input with responsiveness and precision. The cabin is a comfy cocoon that imparts a feeling of stability and security that has to be felt to be appreciated. 2.4t with premium, touring, tethys 17" wheels, geartronic

Love to drive it
By Prescott AZ on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Traded in an S40 (which I loved) for this car. I have no regrets. I look forward to driving this car every chance I get.

Great highline luxury sedan!
By H Wright on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am in the business, and for the money hands down this is the best vehicle in it's class. Skip the BMW or Mercedes nameplate and get a well rounded sport sedan. Fun to drive, quality vehicle and the factory warranty covers the lease program timeline also.

The S60, it grows on you
By viran12 on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I had never bought a car of this caliber but I looked at others in this range and style and felt that the Volvo S60 was an awesome buy. After buying it I expected EVERYTHING to be perfect. It was after all a $30,000+ automobile and a Volvo. I soon found out there there were several little things to get use to. One was the edvanced A/C controls. They are really out there and ahead of the times. Well after almost four months, I continue to love my car more and more.

S60 T5
By Jackbenimble on 03/14/02 08:10 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The S60 T5 is an extremely fast, comfortable, and "Safe" vehicle. The car feels a though it has an after burner because of the turbo engine. The seats in this car are the most comfortable I have ever ridden in. On long trips, you don't even realize you are sitting in a car. The car has more features than many others in the same category but, at a greater value. Overall, this is a great car which is safe, reliable, and value packed.

Simply a great car
By GAJeff on 03/07/02 12:49 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Our 2001 Volvo S60 now has just over 12000 miles and we absolutely love the car. Having tried many others before we purchased the Volvo - I am 100% satisfied that the quality, looks, and performance of the S60 is better than just about everything in its class.

S60 is awesome
By jmalexander on 03/05/02 14:02 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great vehicle; extremely comfortable and very reliable. Interior has everything needed except a back seat...very small. Firm ride and excellent road feel.

A great car
By so cal owner on 03/05/02 12:27 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've driven the S60 for four months now and my overall satisfaction is a 10. It's a great car and stands out on the Southern California roads filled with MBZs and BMWs. After happily owning a Mercedes for over 15 years, I'm glad that I decided to consider alternatives. I looked at Audi, Jaguar, Acura, MBZ, BMW and Volvo. It's fun to drive a car that you don't see everywhere you turn. Especially one that performs and looks as good as the S60.

A Perfect Ten
By jackpeace on 03/02/02 13:22 PM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is our second Volvo. It is the best car for the money in this segment. Our prior Volvo, the V-70, had not a single problem in the 39 months we leased it. The main reason I am penning this review is that the first review here is positively glowing. But the writer gives the car a "5." He/she surely knows his/her cars, but not his/her math. A super review means the car should get at least an eight. So read the prior review, average it with my "10," and then go get the car!