2002 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews 12

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2002 Volvo S60 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
VOlvo S 60 T5
By Sid B on 06/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

A beautiful (inside and out), ergonomic, fun vehicle to own and drive. Since my wife is irreplaceable, I would not have her in anything but a Volvo. No issues since day of delivery, except for a defect in the wall on one of the Pirelli P6's. Having problem finding a replacement tire in So. CA, local dealers of no help! That aside the car is a complete delight. It is quick, agile, quiet, great AC (it was up to 105 degrees here yesterday). May replace my other Volvo ('99 C 70 HPT) with an S 60 next time around.

Swedes do a German Dance!
By criollo2mil on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Fabulous interior feel. The car feels like a much more expensive car. Seats are the most comfortable in the business.

2001 S60 T5
By joepags on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This is my 1st Volvo. Went into the decision wanting German, but the value of the S60 in my mind was far greater than the BMW 5 series. Hated the IS300, liked the TL Type S but couldn't see paying $30+ for Japanese, and couldn't afford an A6 2.7T. The A6 was far and away my favorite, but $45K is a downpayment on a house, not a car!

volvo-the car for the pensionars
By eugene on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

nice car , no engine performance in standard 2.4

Just got Yesterday... There are no words
By Xaviergod on 04/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I picked up the car yesterday and it figures on my way home a big storm was comin so I put it in my garage in case it hailed (which it did) After the storm I took it out for a spin. Since the roads were wet I ended up paying more attention to the stereo than the car performance. I have the upgraded sound system with 13 speakers. I would highly recommend them. Stick in a Michael Jackson CD to get the full effect. The car handles suprisingly well on the wet roads and even better on dry which I experienced today. Anyone who says this car can't corner doesn't know what they are talking about. With the sport bucket seats cornering becomes fun and comfortable.

Awesome and Fun
By CM on 04/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Fun car to drive even without the turbo. Has plenty of get up and go. Was highly impressed with what came with buying a VOLVO. Not a box anymore.

2.4T -Nice blend of Performance & Luxury
By rrgennaw on 04/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I've driven the S60 2.4T for almost 6 months and I still love it. The blend of performance and luxury is just right for me.

Manual is much better !
By Lance on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my second Volvo - as well as my second with the manual transmission. The changes that Volvo has made to the transmission are amazing. I knew that going with the non-turbo engine would sacrifice some performance but the return in fuel economy and the fun-to- drive factor of the manual definitely outweighs the slight lack of power. I have gone on many long trips with my Volvo's and the comfort level of the seats and interior is unmatched by any other vehicle I have driven in this price range. Volvo has another happy customer "For Life"

Great car
By Kerrigan on 04/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I had been looking at cars for about 6 months. I really liked the new body style of the Volvos. I owned an Audi A- 4 and I was waiting for the lease to expire. Well, I finally bought a car (a new Infiniti I-30). After owning the car for a few months, I felt like it was too big/touring sedan for me. So, I looked at the BMW 325 and MB C240 and decided upon the Volvo S-60. It was the right size and equally priced to the BMW and MB (was a little higher).

Excellent Car
By har on 03/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

While this car may not have a true sports car feel like a BMW, Lexus, Acura, etc...., it is a solidly built, head turning car in a class by itself. It is very confortable to drive. The seats are second to none. Interior is well layout and trimmed. The 2.4t which I drive comes with a long list of amenities. If you are thinking buying any of the cars listed above, seriously consider looking into this one as well. You will not be dissapointed.