2002 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Worst car I've ever owned
By Janie Doe on 07/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car about a year and a half ago. Since that time, it has been in the shop on no less than 5 occasions for major electrical/computer malfunctions: total shutdown of all electronic read-out; power window,locks and sunroof not working; and brake lights that stay on despite the fact that the car is turned off. I thought I was upgrading from my Honda Civic when I purchased this car, however, the Civic was not in the shop once in the six years I owned it. I would NEVER buy this car again.

A Prince of Cars
By trusgold on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

reliable and the volvo people are so so so attentive

good damn car
By esteban on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

great car really good handling and very well built.

Don's Silver Chariot
By dlindover on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Well made vehicle - very comfortable for this compact size - fast when turbo takes hold - ride & handling are very good but not at BMW high standard - good valve & very good economy - approx 23.5 - 24.5 mpg

Looking for excuses to drive S-60
By whitney on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is truely an enjoyable driving experience. I considered the BMW, Acura and Infinity and went with the Volvo. The exterior design sold me. I have no regrets. The lease on this car was outstanding (0 interest). It is cheaper to lease and then buy at the end of the lease term.

Get a Lexus!
By Liked My Lexus More on 07/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Car has constant clanking. Vision is impaired when turning or driving a curve. whiplash protection seats move back of their own accord during normal driving. Car takes even small bumps really hard. Seat bottoms tend to force legs together (uncomfortable for female drivers). Hand brake makes it hard to get to anything (like a purse) on floor of passenger seat. Trunk almost impossible to open with the remote and once open is so stiff it's hard to close. Gas mileage indicator nice idea, but not at all accurate.

Xu's review
By He Xu on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The quality and reliability are very poor. This is not a trable-free car

Excellent Car, Excellent Value
By Debra on 06/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am leasing a Volvo S60 and absolutely love it! The car is sturdy, gets great gas mileage, is extremely comfortable especially for long trips, has a great stereo, and has so many great standard features. When I was researching cars this summer, I compared the Volvo S60 to many other vehicles in its class. Volvo gives you more for your money - you can get a fully loaded vehicle for a few thousand less than its competitors. Also, its nice that the new Volvos are "rounded out" -older models were so square. The main reason I have a Volvo is because of the standard safety features. The car is built nicely and handles really well.

Not quite a BMW yet...fun anyway
By CanadaEh! on 06/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Tromp on the gas peddle and you'll fly by many cars. The turbo lag is annoying, as it the slow shifting "tiptronic", but on a straight line, once the turbo kicks in, look out. My only issue is with handling around corning - too much power and chassis needs to be tuned to handle the power of the car. Excellent design, not a fancy electonic stability system, should be the force behind handling. The interior is, quite frankly, flawless. The most comfortable and well designed car on the market.

Volvo s60 more bang for the bucks than B
By jrw646 on 06/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife and I tested a long list of cars before we came to the Volvo s60 2.4t. I wish we had gone to Volvo first. The ride is fantastic and the fit, finish and features are head and shoulders above the compitetion. We drove the BMW 325i, Acua TL, Mercedes C240, and Infinity I35. The BMW and Mercedes have 168hp the Tl 225 and the I35 255. Not one of these cars has the excelleration of the 197hp s60 turbo I5 motor. Both of the Japanese cars drive like american cars, soft ride, weak handling. The Volvo hangs in with both the mercedes and the BMW in terms of confidence and response.