2002 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
almost...
By oldingmar on 09/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Had S70 GLT before. S60 2.4T is an improvement, stiffer body, better transmission, better wheels(mine has tire and wheel option). Used it 10 000 miles in Europe, from Lapland to Mediterrainia. In most situation handled OK but I still found it lacking as far as handling is conserned. Something appears to be missing - just cannot match the feel of the BMW. no it is not the front wheel drive! I like front drivers, but S60 comes up short. To bad, it is otherwise a really nice product. Lets see how it matches the traffic in California - it should be here soon. Probably it will do better in our traffic here just as the S70 did..

Just ok
By jambo on 09/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The seats are very comfortable for tall drivers as they have a good range of tilt. The telescopic wheel is a great feature although a little more range of movement would help. The engine and airconditiong are a nightmare. It sounds like someone is gargling water when you accelerate. There is also a popping noise when the car shifts. The lousy dealers (and i do mean lousy) say it is normal despite the fact that the loaner car i had had none of those problems. The dealers are terrible. I live in south Florida and had to buy my car in Atlanta because they were so bad. Overall, comfortable car when not acting up.

Outstanding car
By Bbear on 09/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The car is the best I've owned to date. Very comfortable on long road trips. Fun to drive. Lots of power. Love the styling. I'd definitely purchase one again.

S-60 2.4
By ripplek on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

this is my first European Sedan. (Finally made the break from Camry). MSRP on my Volvo is about the same as a loaded Camry XLE,but this S-60 offers so much more for the money. The seats are outrageous! I drove it 2000 miles this summer and was able to walk upon exiting the car. (can't do that in a Toyota). Great handling overall.

great car
By bayof3 on 08/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

fun safe car to drive. test drove the mercedes c-class and it was junk compared to the volvo. It looks like bmw 5 series from the side but without the price tag

S60 AWD
By trusgold on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am very satisfied with the car, one exception is I have a tough seeing out of the car. I have not seen anyone else say that but I am so suprised at the poor visibility. The other complaint, my gas milage is at about 16 mpg, but it has been hot and the a/c has been on the whole time.

best everyday road car on the market
By future driving on 08/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T AWD 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

You can drive this car slow, fast in bad weather, and it's such a joy. Always get out of the car smiling. I had this car over 110mph just crusing and it changes lanes with exceptional road feel. I'll drive slow and just enjoy the excellent sound system and living room like seats. This Car handles great in bad weather for all you BMW or rear wheel lovers.

9 mos retrospective
By mikepghpa on 08/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car is fun to drive, no doubt. It handles curves very well at good speed and the braking capacity is outstanding. It is very comfortable with probably the best leather seats in this class. Trunk room is surprising since it is square without tapering to more narrow dimensions. Fuel capacity is remarkable since the tank holds 21 gallons. At 9 mos, reliability is excellent. Only problem I've experienced is a back seat squeak.

More than meets the eye
By REICHOWJR on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is my first Volvo. I wanted a safe vehicle for my family as well as one that stands out from the rest of the bunch. We have loged over 4500 trouble free miles averaging 29 plus mpg on the freeway at 75 mph. The paint quality is near perfect as well as fit and finish. I wish I had seats in my home as comfortable as the ones in the front of this car. Our 2 and 4 year old kids fit comfortably in their car seats in the rear with enough leg room so their feet are not in our backs. The 2.4 T has plenty of power through most of the power band. The front of the car feels a little heavy when pushed hard into a corner but otherwise handles well.

Volvo for Life
By SStevens on 07/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

As tradition and loyaty continues, I'm now in my 3rd Volvo, a 2002 S-60 2.4T. So far its living up to its reputation. Its by far the most enjoyable model to drive.