2001 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: The Lupus Car

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Review

The Lupus Car
By Sara on

2001 Volvo S60 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the most unreliable car I have ever owned, in the few months of ownership the car has been towed 3 times. I fact it reminds me of the ford "exploder" I once owned. Where should I begin? at approx. 70,000 the rotors had to be replaced, the sunroof broke, both headlights and license plate lights burned out with the plastic casings needing to be replaced, the fuel injection caused the car to stall into limp mode (the first tow), the battery cables were loose causing (the second tow) the transmission is slipping causing the car to lurch forward, and the third tow is do to another stall with unknown causes. I have owned this car 4.5 months. I will never recommend a Volvo.

None, all the frustrations take the fun out -- thanks Volvo!

You need to build a better car, listen to your consumers (apparently I'm not the only one). Oh, and you might want to provide your customers with courtesy cars (since they are in the shop so much) I never know a "luxury" dealership been short of courtesy car until now. Blah!