2001 Volvo S60 2.3L 5-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Small car carries a big

2001 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2001 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Small car carries a big stick
By family man on

2001 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I became interested in the Volvo S-60 because of the way it looked. I cross- shopped the BMW 330I, Infinity G35 and Mercedes C320. It became apparant after test drives that the Volvo T5 had the best combination of looks, performance and price. The G35 was faster, BMW handled better, Mercedes did not stand out in any way. But, the comfortable interior and full array of premium options kept me coming back to the T5. I still love the way this car looks and drives. Friends continue to complement. I've owned 3 Mustang GT's and two Camaro Z28's and this car gives me most of the thrill of those. Plus, it actually drives well in the snow.

Favorite Features

Comfortable, heated seats. Steering Wheel Controls. 10 disk CD Changer. Large trunk. Fold down rear seats. Large sunroof. 3rd cupholder in dash. 17" wheels and tires.

Suggested Improvements

Turbo lag is pretty apparant. Steering wheel pulls aggressively at full throttle - torque steer. Sunroof wisles above 70mph. Very noisy above 55mph with windows open.