Silky Smooth Swedish Thing!!
By John M. on
2001 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)
If this car were a woman, it would be the one you'd never forget. Maybe it has a few quirks, maybe the turning radius is slim, maybe controls aren't instantly intuitive. But the S60 has a silky smoothness everywhere your hands touch. And the T5 is more than just a pretty face. There's something about a very comfortable driving position with a huge amount of power underfoot and silky smooth controls at your fingertips that make this Volvo an unforgettable experience. Granted, I've only had mine for four months and 5K mi., so my impressions might be premature. But I almost always opt for driving the T5 over my BMW X5 when I have the chance. It just feels better.
Favorite Features
Exterior design is a hallmark for a company whose idea of design 10 years ago was a box with smooth edges. Silky smooth controls (I even love opening the doors!)Turbo performance, exceptionally comfortable seating. Thoughtful design and engineering without breaking your wallet.
Suggested Improvements
A loose sunshade panel is about the only annoyance so far. Oh yes, and the turning geometry needs a makeover, as it feels slow and unresponsive at low speeds or idle.