2001 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: My S60

2001 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2001 Volvo S60

2.4 Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My S60
By joeyedgins on

2001 Volvo S60 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car is awesome. I bought it with 85,000 miles on it. I had to immediately take it in for it's scheduled maintenance (90,000). The dealership didn't do anything to it before selling so I had to replace the control arm bushings, tighten the sunroof cables, download the latest transmission software for the transmission, adjust the engine heat shield, etc. (1,900 dollars including the scheduled maintenace at dealership) Do not let the price scare you! It is amazing car-especially if you want to keep your wife satisfied. I can't keep her out of it. She never drives her Mercedes anymore. The car has plenty of power for not being a Turbo. I willdrive until the wheels fall off!

Excellent interior and sound system. You will not find better seats I promise you! My friends are jealous and hate to drive to family events because they act like I've "arrived". Still has that quirky Volvo sound and that makes you feel proud by itself. A very captivating car.

Make the turning radius better! Can't make a U turn. Do someething with that darn engine heat shield, it rattles in 2nd gear and is annoying. The dealership has to continuously bend it away from the engine to take rattle away. I'm glad Volvo took away the "fading trim" in it's more recent models

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review