2001 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: I love my S60

2001 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2.4 Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I love my S60
By tfoster123 on

2001 Volvo S60 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I actually recieved this car at 192,000 miles, but I had been driving it as a family car from 168,000. We LOVE this car. My father and I do all the maintainence ourselves because let's just face it, Volvo's prices are nuts. At 198,884 (as of today) there are a few problems. My A/C cuts out after about 15 minutes, and I cannot turn it on if I want to get on the freeway. I also have a very rocky shifting, but have never had any real transmission issues as of now (knock on wood) and the suspension is less than desirable. However for a 18 year old? This was a great car to inherit. Other than the problems listed above, I love this car.

Driveability, Speaker system, Smoothness

The turning radius is awful. It's like parking a mack truck. If you have a 2001 s60 and haven't replaced the throttle sensor, do it. Mine went out while I was on the road. The o2 sensors on the car go bad all the time. Makes it difficult to pass emissions.