2001 Volvo S60 Consumer Review: Don't get a Volvo!

2001 Volvo S60 - Consumer Review

2.4 Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Don't get a Volvo!
By alex on

2001 Volvo S60 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Owning this car made me realize what kind of company Volvo is. First of all all Volvo dealers are franchased independant shops, that means Volvo has NO control over them. I had bad experience with Bay Ridge Volvo - American Inc located in Brooklyn NY. My s60 was fine until 110k miles. I started having engine idling problems. This BayRidgeVolvo dealer told me, first we will change all 6 injectors $1600 then maybe catalytic $1000+ but didn't promise that this problem will go away. I went to another shop who changed PCV valve for $150. Before they tried to shut off the check engine light 4 times, charging me each time for something new. I had to fight to get my $ back, but did not get all of it.

appearence of the car and the "brand"

standard turbo, stronger suspension, stronger headlights, cancel the franchise agreement with Bay Ridge Volvo - American Inc. who makes fake customer satisfaction promisses and gives a BAD NAME to Volvo.