2001 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
move over bmw, here come the swedes
By L. Gebhardt on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Fantastic Automobile for trip up to 500 miles in distance. Arm rest could be positioned better, with would assit in longer drives. Car has been to shop for both rear shocks, but that is it, with the exception of oil changes and tire rotations. Dealer (Guiffre Volvo Springfield) is exceptional on service.

ok
By Sasha 1 on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Nice car for normal driving. Not enough power in 5 cyl. Dealer service sucks in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn! Parts expansive so get extanded warranty.

All around good vehicle
By yomendos on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Although I have had to bring the vehicle into the shop for a few minor adjustments (covered under warranty), for the most part this vehicle has been everything that I expected of it.

New Volvo Owner for LIfe
By Genny6 on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I did a lot of research, shopping and driving of comparable cars. The T5 is a fantastic combination of safety, performance, comfort and luxury. I had seriously considered the S70 (boxy body style) a couple of years ago and now much prefer the sleek and sporty look of the T5. I have put many town and highway miles on the car in 11 months and I enjoy every day on the road. I love the turbo power. It is great fun passing other cars on big hills and the highway with power to spare!

S60 in Alaska
By Tucker on 09/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Love the car. Manual transmission gear box a little notchey in feel. Gas mileage not much better than a V6 so it might as well be a V6. Great support from local dealer for maintance.

Satisfied Driver
By s60driver on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Went from a 1999 Lexus ES300 to the Volvo S60. Was surprised to find that the ride is actually better. Have been extremely impressed with the quality and design of the S60. After nearly 15000 miles, the car drives as it did the day I bought it. Would definately consider another.

Could be a great sports car
By IzMo on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Overall I like the car but thought it was more sports oriented than it actually is - it sure looks the part. The drive train is fine, just that the suspension is weak. I love the fit and finish, the seats are incredible and the optional sound system is the best I ever heard.

My First Volvo
By Volvo Fan on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I was impressed with the new styling of the 2001 Volvo. With our first baby on the way, I purchased the 2001 S-60 2.4T because of the safety record of the Volvo. 3 months later we were involved in an accident which literally took the front off of the car. Our 3 month old was asleep in the back seat, and she never even woke up!! Since then, we purchased another Volvo, the 2002 S-60, 2.4T. I can't say enough about this car. If you are looking for a safe, well performing mid-priced car, this is it!! I suggest the Turbo over the standard car.

Volvo for life
By Braces on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best mid-priced Volvo to date

s60 3rd volvo
By lisaX3 on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

S60 my third Volvo. Had 240, then 940. S60 has driving fun, but interior is small compared to previous Volvo. Doors dent at the slightest pressure. Previous Volvos exterior body structure was sturdier. Rear view visibility obscured by rear headrest. Have the auto drop for rear headrest, but that looks funny. Fearful that Ford has diluted Volvo's character& reliability.