2001 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
sweds build a nise knife
By salbfone on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

nice car abit small in side, brakes to quick to grab, wish volvo had a v6, gas door does not lock, no trunk or gas release lever very annoying, radio reception not great, but besides these small but important things a very nice car with very good promise.

What's wrong with my Volvo
By Rainman4 on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought a Volvo for dependability and safety. It is a very comfortable car to drive and I like it. However, within 18 months I have had it in the shop for repairs 4 times. Once was the transmission, once the fan and twice the cup holder. The cup holder is once again broken. I am disappointed in the quality of this car.

Small car carries a big stick
By family man on 04/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I became interested in the Volvo S-60 because of the way it looked. I cross- shopped the BMW 330I, Infinity G35 and Mercedes C320. It became apparant after test drives that the Volvo T5 had the best combination of looks, performance and price. The G35 was faster, BMW handled better, Mercedes did not stand out in any way. But, the comfortable interior and full array of premium options kept me coming back to the T5. I still love the way this car looks and drives. Friends continue to complement. I've owned 3 Mustang GT's and two Camaro Z28's and this car gives me most of the thrill of those. Plus, it actually drives well in the snow.

Ballaz Mobile
By farbdogg71 on 04/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is the first car I have ever purchased. I am very satisfied with all the features on it and the options I had equiped with it. All my friends are jealous.

S60
By TomPaine on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My first Volvo. While I enjoy the car, I don't see great design/engineering at work. Visibility is poor. Controls for windows, locks and mid-seat glove compartment difficult to reach. Only one switch to lock/unlock doors is irritating. If the driverís door is unlocked, must first lock it and push again to unlock passenger door. Canít open trunk from inside the car except with keychain control. Basic sound system is minimal. On the positive side, car rides very smooth but soundproofing could be better. I find the non-turbo model has plenty of pickup and power. The back seat is a joke. Too little leg room for an 11- year old. An adult would curse you.

Great Car
By das2ski on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have been very happy with the performance and reliability of this car! Very comfertable for long drives and sporty enough for fun on the back roads. I always get two positive comments from passengers. "These seats are amazing" and "this thing takes off!!!"

My first Volvo
By emac2002 on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My first Volvo and not my last! Some minor problems in first 18 months' of ownership--rubbing tires, squeaky windshield wipers, rear taillight bulbs that keep burning out. However, an overall excellent car even though maintenance is a bit expensive.

Buckeye Bob's Black Beauty
By BuckeyeBob on 02/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I had owned a BMW525 for eight years. My wife had a 740 wagon and V70 R. So I thought I mightspend my money where it would come back to America (Ford owns Volvo)Although very peppy vs. the BMW, the turning radius is'nt that tight. I'm over 6 feet tall, so I never have even small children in the back seat and expect a comfortable long ride. Dealer service is Poor in Dayton, Ohio, so even though car in warrantee I pay mechanic to do service. Volvo on demand roadside assistance is average at best, both times were a dissapointing experience.I love to drive this car on a long highway drive. The upgraded sound system was worth the $'s.

Volvo S60
By Kern Barrow on 02/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful automobile great styling comfortable tight construction.Volvo has done a very good job with this car. It really is fun to drive. It has a Swedish austerity and insouciance that I find quite reassuring.

Bad Bad Tires!
By confussed veteran on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I owned a 240 dl,850,940,andloved them all!I thought the s60 would be a step up!I love the bodystyle,heated seats,& gadgets.But there is a HUGE problem with the car,it haslow profile tires!5 blow out/flats in 1.5years!I beleive this is directly related to the wheel base size and the tire size.In my total driving experience with a volvo I have never had a flat or blow out! I fear this is a serious design flaw and would warn anyone about purchasing the car with the low profile tires on it! They are very expensive and replacing the tires is making me have a bad taste in my mouth with a company I have loved for so long.