2001 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Loved it... with one kid
By mikesvolvo on 10/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We loved the car with one kid. This back seat was not made for multiple kids. Our rear facing car seat worked in the middle. Loved the performance and comfort. Best drive from PHX to Oregon I have ever driven.

Overall, best luxury and perf for the $
By fish man on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I am a car guy, and I tested a lot of cars. Narrowed down to Lexus 300 (balnd suspension) Infinity I35 (tons of power, boring looks) Mercedes C320 (inferior car) and The BMW 330i (road manners are excellent, but lots of $ with similar options). I chose the S60 2.4T because the 2.4 is a slug and I did not notice the extra horses or torque in the T5. Lag is about what it should be, and torque curve is good. I bought every option imaginable except for the navi system, because it's just not worth the $$$. Outside looks are awesome, much better than the others I considered. Definitely recommend 17 inch wheels. Enhances ride and looks nice.

VOLVO FOR LIFE
By NICSTA on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

NO WONDER MOST PEOPLE WHO BUY A VOLVO END UP BUYING A FEW MORE IN THEIR LIFETIME. MY S60 HAS BEEN A PLEASURE TO DRIVE OVERALL. I'VE GONE THROUGH TWO WINTERS AND SEVERAL LONG TRIPS AND THE S60 IS AN ETREMELY NICE PLACE TO BE IN ON A LONG DRIVE...BEST SEATS IN THE WORLD!

My 2nd Volvo
By Christopher Taylor on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I must say that this has been the most trouble free car that I have ever own. It has the best sound system in the world next to then Lexus M&L system. This the perfect car to drive from Ct to GA in total comfort.

Great cruiser
By Falstaff on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've been really pleased with my commute since getting my S60. It's quiet, has good highway passing power (better than it is off the line) and is both fun and comfortable. The mileage has been much better than expected. All in all, it's a great buy. The A4 is much more cramped in back and the BMW 3 is muc more narrow in front. It's the roomiest ride in its class.

NOT THE FAMILY CAR WE WERE LOOKING FOR!!
By kris on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car, if you don't have young children, in car seats! Only one rear facing car seat on the market fits in the car, and it can't be placed in the center, (the safest place in the car for children) by the way the car seat costs $300.00! If you use any other car seat, the passenger seat cannot be used. So much for our family car. Doors dent and scratch very easily. CD player has problems, fuel gage says it has gas, but car won't start?

S60 2.4T I love it!!
By Scott A on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought the car 2 months ago with 27K miles....absolutely love it...most comfortable seats of any car I've driven. My only complaints are with some of the plastic dash material, radio control functions, and at times rough suspension over city streets. Still, I absolutely enjoy driving the car which is a huge step up from my 15 yr history of driving Hondas. Finally, the 2.4T provides plenty of power with minimal turbo lag....glad I didn't spend xtra for the T5.

Full Package
By Senior on 06/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I love my car so much - I never even considered a Volvo until I drove the S60 T5! It handles great, even on ice, and has quite a kick to it. Of course, there are slight problems - I've had my car in the shop to repair the CD player twice already in 6 months, a rod has been replaced and my alignment is off. Random things seem to go wrong and I hate the fact that there is no trunk release inside the car!! Still, it's a smooth ride and I love it despite its flaws!

Overall, a good car.
By dimitris on 05/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Volvo has opened up to a new segment with this new, less boxy style. The car has been both a pleasure and an annoyance. Pleasure is the feeling of comfort, safety, gas mileage. Annoyance is having the car die on us (battery & alternator) on the day our first kid was born! Dealer service is somewhat poor compared to the average German Luxury Sedan. Lexus is classes above in that area. Volvo does make good cars, with safety and comfort being the key points. However, be prepared to sporadic breakdown and spotty dealership service. Volvo wants to play in the luxury league, yet they're not there yet...

couldn't be happier!
By peterson on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

When it finally came down to choosing between the Volvo S60 or the Audi A4, Driving the car really made the difference. And the view of the front end. I chose black. And it still has an awesome shine today even though I park it outdoors. Too many people are still expecting the interior to be similar to the older Volvos. And every time my friends get in, they're totally shocked. It defines clean lines and style. Now, I feel I have a much better car then the competing BMW as well. Plus, there's more hidden features the dealer doeasn't tell you about that makes the car a way better deal than anything else I could find under $50k.