2001 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:
Try Building Something Competitive
By Darrin Johnson on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

If you don't want a close relationship with the dealer service team, think twice about buying a Volvo S60. I found myself at the service center on a regular basis for the following: slipping transmission, sun roof replacement, radio seek button wouldn't quit seeking, headlights/talelights burning out, gas cover fallin off, key stuck in ignition, and the list goes on. The Volvo service team acted like this was standard, no big deal. It seems that Ford has stripped Volvo and is selling the name plate, that's unfortanate.

Volvo S60
By James Anthony on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This has been a great car. Very comfortable, very economical.

Not Bad
By freeworld on 02/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

Lots of squeaks, rattles, clunks, and electrical glitches. Otherwise it runs nicely, looks nice, and is EXTREMELY comfortable.

First and last Volvo
By Got a lemon on 01/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

first child was on the way went for the safety factor-solid feel on the road- this replaced a BMW 325-drove 12 years with 240,000 miles-Volvo has had more major issues in first 32K miles than the BMW ever did-first winter car would not start below 30 degrees (it gets cold in Sweden,right?)-new ignition system, transmission slipping-like driving a manual and pushed in the clutch while stepping on the gas-new transmission-door open warning light kept coming on-latch sensor bad-Low Coolant warning-bad radiator-this car will be with us until the warranty expires.

Cold Weather Survival Tool
By jpearsall on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Performace is all I need, handling is not quite a BMW, but this I will trade for front wheel drive. Why? The same reason I love the climate control, heated leaterh seats and great defrosters. Intuition told me if you want a cold weaterh car, buy one designed in Sweeden. My intuition did not fail me. If you live in a clod climate, you cannot go wrong with a Volvo. The only thing I don't like about driving it in Minnesota is I can't stand to see it dirty!

Great car, be wary of the sch maint
By Timm3175 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I have had this car for 3 years now and everything about it is great. Fun to drive, comfortable for long trips, etc. My only complaint is the gouging of Volvo for scheduled maintenance. You bring you car in for each of the scheduled maintenace and walk out about 200 bucks lighter each time. The whopper is the 30,000 mile maintenance which ran me $510. If I had to do it all over again, I think I would go with a Mercedes C-Class or a 3 series BMW which doesnt gouge as much for maintanence.

excellentvolvo
By gash on 01/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

extremely comfortable, reliable, and fun to drive. don't forget safety features!

high school speedster
By high school speedste on 12/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Since my dad crashed the car I was going to drive he went out and boughtme the 2.4T for safety, and I love it. It is the most comfortable car ive ever been in and it has a spectacular 10 speaker sound system. It is kind of a soccer mom car but still the kind of car thats perfect to own and all my friends are envious.

low miles tons of repairs
By dondeb1028 on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I own a 2001 Volvo s60, with only 35K, we have replaced 5 headlights, Brakes, rotors, tires, and just had the transmission replaced, key will not come out of the ignition. What a wonderful car. Also paid 30+ for it can only get 15K. got to love it.

Great Car
By marlito on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

With the impending arrival of my daughter, my wife persauded me to get her the S60, little did she know that it has now become "my" car. As to the car seat issue, we have never had a problem. While you can't have the front seats all the way back, there is still room. I am 6'1" and put the car seat behind the drivers seat and only have to slide the drivers up a inch or two; when ever my wife has the car, she puts the car seat behind the passenger seat with out any problems.