Used 2001 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Volvo S60 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

I Love It
By Ariel

2001 Volvo S60 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I bought this car new in 2001 after having 3 Mercedes in a row. I love this Volvo! Zero problems in 7 years. Only have had scheduled oil changes, etc. I bought this car because I demolished my husband's Volvo Wagon on a trip, flipped and rolled it down a ravine -- and opened the door and walked away. I wanted that feeling of safety for myself and have not been disappointed.

I love the sporty way it handles, and the quick response. The brakes are fantastic. When I need it to move it responds smoothly and quickly. Gas mileage is acceptable. I feel safe in this car.

It is front wheel drive and I would really prefer rear wheel drive. But, I am very happy with the way it is.

Worst car I have ever owned
By TURNER

2001 Volvo S60 2.4T 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This car had more problems than I care to think about. I babied this car and still had sensors go bad, sunroof broken, transmission go bad at 80000 miles, lights burnt out and impossible to adjust. And last but not least, the car's engine was shuttering when I traded it in, my guess, bad turbo charger. The gas mileage was decent, but nothing spectacular. 19 city and 28 highway.

The seats were great and so was the handling when the car actually ran properly.

I hope that Volvo rebuilt this car from the ground up after its debut in 2001.

Great car
By Matthew

2001 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this T5 with 50K on it from a Volvo dealer figuring they would have auctioned it off if it was bad. This car has been a joy to drive, fast and fun, with no machanical issues. At 113K, it still feels new. I have had a few repairs but no big deal over all. I will be looking to buy the R once I reach 200K on this one.

Seat comfort.

None

A good car to own
By turbos60

2001 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm 24 years old and I got the car when it first came out. I have never had problems with the car except the fuel door falling off. I have over a hundred thousand miles one the car and never had any issues. The next one I'm going to is going to be the volvo s60 R. I love the car and would not trade it in on anything. I purchased the evolve programmer and the advanced exhaust system and it opened the car up. if you have the money def get get the evolve kit.

Fun car to drive, very comfortable and handles very well.

Former volvo lover
By John

2001 Volvo S60 2.4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I started with a 122s, then a 240. Loved them. Not this car. Bulbs constantly burning out from day 1. Dealer replaced rear control arms at 30K. Since then we've replaced another $2000 in suspension parts. Problems with air conditioner vents on hot days. They close, even though cold air is still present. Door lock system sometimes fails to lock the passenger door. Will never buy another Volvo.

Comfortable seats, lots of room. Reasonable gas mileage.

Improve the quality.