Used 2001 Volvo S60 T5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Not bad
By Proj

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car is ok. I'm a true Volvo fan and this is a little disappointment in the reliability department coming from my '88 760 GLE. But it's so much fun to drive and very comfortable. If you get one of these, make sure the transmission fluid is clear and red and the transmission control module has up-to-date software! If the fluid is not clear and red, only use 3309 ATF when you change it. The transmission is very sensitive in these cars so be prepared for some serious upkeep on it. I've been fortunate so far.

High pressure turbo, comfortable seats, traction control, and winter mode.

Definitely the transmission!

Great car
By Matthew

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I purchased this T5 with 50K on it from a Volvo dealer figuring they would have auctioned it off if it was bad. This car has been a joy to drive, fast and fun, with no machanical issues. At 113K, it still feels new. I have had a few repairs but no big deal over all. I will be looking to buy the R once I reach 200K on this one.

Seat comfort.

None

A good car to own
By turbos60

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I'm 24 years old and I got the car when it first came out. I have never had problems with the car except the fuel door falling off. I have over a hundred thousand miles one the car and never had any issues. The next one I'm going to is going to be the volvo s60 R. I love the car and would not trade it in on anything. I purchased the evolve programmer and the advanced exhaust system and it opened the car up. if you have the money def get get the evolve kit.

Fun car to drive, very comfortable and handles very well.

Sweet Ride
By Michael

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

I replaced a '96 maxima that I rode hard for 200k with this car. The Maxima was fast for only 190hp. I wanted something that was fast. I had been looking for an s-60. 1st gear ain't much to talk about, throw it in second and with the right RPM, you've got a rocket. The high pressure turbo is different. I squeal the tires after it is in gear and the RPM goes up. The car is one of those classic designs that won't go out of style. (They modeled the new S80 after it.) I only wish I would have sprung for the later edition R60 with 300 HP. Maintenance ain't horrible but there are weird squeaks & rattles all over the car. My car has all the options for an '01, trackball 5-speed.

Stereo, 1 touch windows, sunroof, trackball 5-sd, 4 disc indash, kickin' stereo, leather, heated seats, tight suspension. POWER. Seats rock and the body design can't be beat.

Turning radius might as well be an 18 wheeler. Lots of squeaks & rattles. Long rides can beat you up. Car designed to compete with the BMW 330, and if you can get one on the open road, there ain't much that can touch it.

We'd buy another....and we did.
By Volvofamily

2001 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

This car has been a joy ride....literally. No problems whatsoever and we just turned 105,000 miles. The only issue to date has been a factory recall on a throttle sensor. Rides smooth, great pick up, and has been a good car for long road trips. We upgraded to the XC90 for kids and our 75 pound English Bulldog (hope he can make the jump to the back seat). We'll report on that later...

Acceleration, stereo sound, sporty features, nice handling.

AC power is weak, light bulbs keep burning out (our 2000 S80 did the same thing), huge turning radius, small trunk.

• SUV