Used 2008 Volvo S40 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

Jeep to Volvo... what Jeep?
By Chris G

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Haven't loved a car this much in many moons. Had a 2008 4 door Jeep Wrangler Sahara loaded. Fun in summer. Fun in winter. An uncomfortable disaster the rest of the year. Then... the Volvo S40. WOW. Fun ALL THE TIME! and looks and performs beautifully. What a deal too. Was an untitled demo. Sticker $27K. Bought it at $23K and they paid off my Jeep. Why didn't I choose Volvo sooner??? Safe. Stylish. Fast.

The seats are amazing. Sound system rocks. Love the elegant simplicity of the cockpit.

Sunroof noise too much to talk on phone.

Love this CAR!!!
By cwilsong

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Just finished one year with my S40 awd and I can say for the first time in a LONG time I really LOVE my car and feal I got a great deal as well. Loads of power, fun to drive and very quiet. Probably even has a better sound system than I have at home. Best part though was that we did an OSD and picked up the car direct from the factory. Not only got exactly the car I wanted at a better price than here but got to spend 3 weeks driving it around Europe. If you are thinking about any Volvo you owe it to your self to look into OSD. Not all dealers push it as they get a fixed fee for handeling the sale but there are several Internet dealers out ther that can help you.

Fit, Finish, Sound system, LOADS of power. VERY QUITE. And just plain looks cool

Little more MPG. And change how you go about replacing the cabin air filter, You have to remove the gas pedal. Takes over an hour to do it your self or $100.00 at the dealer.

Great Car
By Jennifer

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

The VOLVO S40 AWD Tubo is awesome. I enjoy every mile I have done so far. It drives well, handles well and is a attractive looking car. I highly recommend the VOLVO S40. It is a great driving experience.

I like all features on my S40. Sound system is excellent. Turbo is awesome. The heated front seats are the best.

More trunk room. Trunk is small.

The perfect cure for turning 30.
By Cdydatzigs

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Growing up in the 1980's, Volvos were known as the boxy yuppy-mobiles that your hip friend's parents drove. Nowadays, the cars are still hip but they are far from boxy. The S40 is the perfect entry-level sports sedan for the post-college crowd. The car is very attractive but you can still tell the car is a vault under its skin. Huge door pillars and the comforting thud when the doors close tell you this is still one of the safest cars on the road. Materials inside are durable and attractive, and the controls are very easy to read. There is some turbo-lag off the line, but when yer cruising at 25 mph on the freeway on ramp and need to get to 75mph in a hurry? This car flies at mid-range.

Exterior looks fantastic. I feel very confident parking this car next to a BMW or Audi in the styling department. Interior is crisp, materials are durable and look great. Volvo dealer service is top notch. The customer service I have received is enough for me to stay loyal to Volvo for life

Manual transmissions are hard to find, which will change as buyers get younger hopefully. Fuel economy isn't spectacular for the car's size, even without the turbo. Rear brakes need replacing far too soon (15,000 miles for mine), due to their design to compensate for nosedives during hard braking.

Volvo S40 - Highly recommended !!!
By Dan

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased a left over 2008 S40 about a month ago, mainly for my wife's use. What a car! We absolutely love it. We've both always owned domestic vehicles, but this one beats all of them in just about every way I can think of. It has an overall great design, both inside and out. The comfort, feeling and handling of the car is superior than everything I have driven in the S40 price range. Also impressed with crash test ratings. Now that we have experienced the quality of Volvo, I think it will be awhile until we go back to domestic. My vehicle is a Navigator, seriously thinking about trading it for a Volvo. Didn't think I would ever have considered that a few months ago!!

Backup sensors & keyless entry should be standard equipment.

• SUV