2008 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
Rocky Mountain Sleek
By Colorado Ms on 03/11/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Love it, Love it, Love it. Living at 9200 feet in the Rocky Mountains, I was concerned how it would fare. But it handles snow and ice better than my SUV did. Great handling and hugs the road- the car almost drives you. Interior is sophisticated and very comfortable. Congrats to Volvo for the sleek and modern body design. This car feels solid unlike most small sedans out today. For the quality, safety, and options found on this car you would have to pay thousands more if you bought another make.

Volvo S40 T5 AWD
By Joe on 02/25/08 12:37 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My Volvo S40 T5 AWD is my first Volvo. I replaced a Saab 9-3. I have only owned the Volvo for a month, however I can say that this is a very solid automobile. The ride and handling are excellent. The AWD gives a feeling of being glued to the road. I used the vehicle during a recent New England snowstorm and the car did not slide at all. There was never any wheel spin. The fit and finish are second to none. The leather seats are extremely comfortable and can be adjusted for a perfect fit. The car is solid for a smaller vehicle. It feels as if; it is cut out of a single piece of Swedish steel. The interior design is simple and clean, yet elegant. The exterior design stands out.

The Most Pleasing
By 37 on 01/05/08 07:11 AM (PST)

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

We have had low end to high end and we were never really satisfied. Then we found this unsuspecting Volvo 40. What a champ. It's quick, fun, just the right size for what we need. Rated safe, its simple yet stunning. By far the best stereo (dyna-audio), excellent turning radius, comfortable and supported seats. This premium compact offers more than you would think. Get the T5 AWD with the bells and whistles you'll be glad you did.

In Love With my Volvo
By Mike in S.A. on 12/09/07 23:09 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first Volvo I have ever owned. People are often surprised when, at 26 years old, I tell them I purchased a Volvo - that is, until they see it. The Volvo name may carry the stigma of an "old person's car", but one look at the sleek design instantly extinguishes that thought. My black on black S40 turns heads and evokes positive reactions from family, friends, and co-workers. My expectations have been surpassed with this excellent vehicle.

Great First Car
By dcompain on 11/19/07 13:44 PM (PST)

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first new car after graduating college. Before this I drove a 2002 E46 330i on occasion, but my own car was a 1986 BMW 635CSi. As a BMW gearhead, I never saw myself in a Volvo, but the car represents an excellent value. There is a lot of performance (I have 5-sp manual), style, comfort, and feature content for the money. I have similar features as a BMW 328i for $10k less, and I actually enjoy the unique style, as a 3-series are a dime a dozen today. The ride is very smooth while still delivering road-hugging performance. As my first front-wheel-drive car, I appreciate the all-weather abilities as well.

Excellent car
By Bing Yu on 10/09/07 18:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is the first time I purchased a Volvo. I love its exterior look and interior design. The back seat is pretty roomy. The 5 speed manual transmission is powerful and smooth. This Volvo S40 is really fun to drive.

Loving It for Now
By Dave D. on 09/10/07 13:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have only had it for a couple of weeks so I can not say much about the reliability, but the overall look and feel of the Volvo S40 is everything I was looking for. If you want a smaller refined looking ride that has some speed and handling, look no further. The S40 has a classy but still young and sporty feel to it. For people my age (26) it fits perfectly. The only con is that people looking for a sporty manual transmission the Volvo is not a good pick, but the Five-Speed Geartronic Transmission is very satisfying.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Volvo S40 Sedan in NJ is:

$205 per month*