2007 Volvo S40 Consumer Review: Awesome Little Car!

2007 Volvo S40 - Consumer Review

2.4i Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Awesome Little Car!
By 4 Time Volvoer on

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We have owned 3 volvos in the past year, 2 s40's and 1 xc90, all purchased new. The s40 is an amazing vehicle, it is comfortable, safe and has to be the nicest looking compact sedan on the market. Only complaint is the power, mine was a 5 speed manual, and I had plenty of power, however my wife still has her automatic and something gets lost with the same engine mated to the auto, even with the 'manual' mode. I really have no idea what Volvo is thinking in phasing out the manuals from their V50 and S40 lines, what a stupid move. Other than that, we have high regard for all of our Volvos. Don't believe the new EPA ratings, this car gets 26mpg city and 34 hwy. be safe, buy a Volvo!

Premium sound, wood dash, power seats, moon roof, aux stereo input, steering wheel controls, great mpg! Safe, comfy seats, heavy build quality (this thing weighs the same as much larger vehicles). Projector headlights, auto wipers, trip computer.

Make a diesel engine! We all need to tell our dealers to demand diesels, the companies don't think Americans will drive them. I say 300 ft. Lbs. Of torque and 60 mpg, we'll buy them! Imagine this car with a diesel, look out VW and Benz!