2007 Volvo S40 Consumer Review: 4.5 years later 2.4 liter with

2007 Volvo S40 - Consumer Review

2.4i Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

4.5 years later 2.4 liter with Automatic
By volvo2007dgo on

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My S40 will be five years old in June. I have 32500 miles on it. It is only used for personal use. This was an excellent purchase. I would buy this car all over again. I use 93 octane gas and the performance is much better. I think i get better gas mileage using 93 than 87. The seats are so comfortable. Everyone that gets in my car loves the comfy seats and the waterfall dashboard effect where you can store something. There is plenty of power in the 2.4 engine without the turbo as long as you use 93 octane. The engine also loves the fully synthetic oil. The car has been reliable and i found a great volvo specialist to service it. I love the brakes and transmission.

The upgraded 10 speaker stereo with 6 cd changer and ipod auxillary. The seats, the style outside and in, the tight steering, the brakes work great, the transmission shifts nicely with 93 octane, It's a clean classy car and everyone that gets in always compliments it. Some of my friends who drive more expensive cars are very pleased with it and have asked to drive it. The michellin tires on this car are fantastic. I bought replacement Michellin Primacy MXV4 at BJ's Wholesale for 675.

No suggested improvements I can think of. I would buy this car again. It is a little pricey at 28,000 dollars but if i still like it almost five years later I think it is still a good investment. The value seems to hold too. I priced mine out today and it was around 16,000 retail.