2007 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
Awesome car
By redskins5926 on 10/22/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The Volvo S40 has been a great car for me. I got the base model with only the automatic transmission, but it still comes with a lot of features like keyless entry, CD player, etc. When I first got the car, the fuel economy seemed pretty lousy, but 5 months and 5000 miles later it seems to have improved tremendously. I have taken 87 octane since day one and the car performs quite well with it. The pickup is terrific for the 2.4L engine, although once or twice I have had to floor the pedal in order to make a quick pickup on a freeway merge. The handling of the car is quite good as well, although during sharp turns the car feels slightly wobbly... definitely not firm as a BMW 3-series.

Volvo wins me over
By PianoMan on 10/15/07 01:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love this car! I picked it up at the factory in Sweden (a fantastic deal that I would recommend to all), and drove it through Denmark, Germany, the Czech Republic, and Austria. It is stable as a rock at any speed (my son pushed it up to 110 on the autobahn), handles responsively, accelerates acceptably, and has good fuel economy. My onboard computer says I am getting 28.2 mpg overall, which I think is quite good. I consider it to be a BMW 328 for 10K less. (Yes, the BMW is superior in handling and acceleration.) The factory pickup experience was so fun that I may never buy a car any other way.

Great commuter
By ndotym on 10/08/07 16:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have 14000, love this car great gas mileage, comfortable, great radio, just a couple of problems, all interior, sun roof shade broken track, mirror loose all being fix under warranty. Otherwise no problems.

Concerned with initial quality
By nconatser on 08/13/07 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Just picked up my new S40 yesterday and there is already a problem, albeit a minor one. The driver's side visor is falling out of its socket when you turn it to shield your face from the sun coming in from the driver's side window. Not something I would expect to find on a brand new entry-level luxury car. Still, the car is great and the 170 hp on the base engine is plenty. Features are well thought out and functional and ride is secure and supple. There could still be more/larger storage bins, which I hear they are taking care of with the 2008 models. Other craftmanship appears good to great. Hopefully the visor will be the only issue in a long, carefree life of the car

Worth It!
By Rob on 07/12/07 19:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am having all sorts of fun in this car. I really think you get the best of a few world with this purchase: 1) sporty look, 2) sporty drive, 3) family sized for two small kids, etc. Have fun driving this around like I do!

Great car - true Volvo reliability?
By Luke on 07/04/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've had the car for about 3 months and am a fairly satisfied customer. I spent several months debating between an Audi A4, BMW 325xi and finally settled on the S40. Considering cost, performance, reliability, etc., the Volvo appeared to come out on top. The car worked flawlessly until last week - 2 fault codes: #4 injector failure and evaporative canister purge. Let's hope the dealership service is as good as its reputation. Only drawback so far - poor fuel economy, even with 91 octane. 21 city, 26 hwy @ 65 mph. Still optomistic at this point.

First car!
By NIick on 07/04/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

So this is my first car ever. I saved up and bought it and so far I'm pleased with it. It's quiet on the inside and the ride is semi smooth. Seats are comfortable. I love the controls on the steering wheel. Big trunk. The dash is different but unique and awesome.

Very pleased so far
By Jim on 06/28/07 10:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I did a lot of comparing of models (VW Jetta, Mazda 6, Accord, Camry) and picked the S40. I have come close to purchasing Volvo in the past, and finally took the plunge. I have been very pleased with the build quality. I am 6'3" and have been able to find a good seating position - I got the Select Package with power driver's seat. Nice headroom even with sunroof. The power is adequate in the 2.4. I have been pleased with the mileage although I am still in the break-in (city only so far - about 18-19 mpg) with optional auto transmission. Optional 12 speaker stereo is fantastic. Incredibly well thought out ergonomics. EXCELLENT A/C in Texas summer.

Great looking car!
By Ron on 06/18/07 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Just got the car last week! The handling is excellent. It is a nice tight drive. I was looking for a luxury car at an affordable price, and when compared to the BMW 3 series or Lexus, you get a lot more bang for the buck. Overall I would definitely recommend a car for someone looking in this price range. Better ride then the Accord, Camry.

Lovin' it
By Rick on 06/14/07 17:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am blown away with the comfort of my car. It has virtually no road noise and the sound system rocks. I love my Volvo.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.