Used 2007 Volvo S40 2.4i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo S40 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Volvo S40

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

I just loooove this car!
By Nicolle

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I just got this car and i totaly love it...it does handels great and it is soo nice having a luxury entry sedan.

Favorite Features

Great looks, stylish interior, superb engine performance

Suggested Improvements

None!

sleek awesome car
By njs40

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

i have not had this car very long, but i have always loved this body style, and when i saw it online i had to have it. it drives like a sports car, and gets decent mpgs.

Favorite Features

body styling, 5spd, slim dash unit, seating material.

Suggested Improvements

sirius and ipod adapter should be standard.

Pleasant, but disappointing
By John B.

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The S40 2.4i gets high marks for styling, fit and finish - very nice. The 168 horsepower 2.4 liter normally aspirated 5-cyl has plenty of pep. Fuel economy is on the low side - I averaged 23 MPG in mixed city/freeway driving. The standard suspension is tight and supple; goes right where you point it. The big disappointment is the electrical system. In the 1 1/2 yrs I owned the car I had three occasions where the car didn't recognize coded electronic key, and a series of erroneous indications of hood unlatched, lights burned out, etc. After awhile cons outweighed pros, and I lost confidence. Last week I sold it, bought a BMW 328i (who can argue?).

Favorite Features

Styling, fit and finish - very handsome little car. T-tec upholstery and "floating" console are way cool. Stereo in premium package is excellent. Standard suspension is very good - tight steering; very good brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Electrical glitches in my car were a pain. Fuel economy is on the low side for an engine in this class.

Great MPG
By Daniel

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My wife and I have 11,000 miles on ours and we love it. The people who complain about the gas mileage are the same people you see gunning off the line, only having to slam on the brakes in 100 yards. We are averaging about 27 MPG city, and 34 MPG highway, with A/C. This should be an option for everyone who is looking at a 3 series BMW. No, the fit and finish isn't as nice, and the engine isn't as peppy, but it is an amazing car with a less expensive starting piont.

Favorite Features

Look, on board computer, T-Tec seats.

Suggested Improvements

Enlarge and refine the center console and shifter. It looks great, but you can really "feel" a cheap element, and the center console needs more storage space!

Awesome Little Car!
By 4 Time Volvoer

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

We have owned 3 volvos in the past year, 2 s40's and 1 xc90, all purchased new. The s40 is an amazing vehicle, it is comfortable, safe and has to be the nicest looking compact sedan on the market. Only complaint is the power, mine was a 5 speed manual, and I had plenty of power, however my wife still has her automatic and something gets lost with the same engine mated to the auto, even with the 'manual' mode. I really have no idea what Volvo is thinking in phasing out the manuals from their V50 and S40 lines, what a stupid move. Other than that, we have high regard for all of our Volvos. Don't believe the new EPA ratings, this car gets 26mpg city and 34 hwy. be safe, buy a Volvo!

Favorite Features

Premium sound, wood dash, power seats, moon roof, aux stereo input, steering wheel controls, great mpg! Safe, comfy seats, heavy build quality (this thing weighs the same as much larger vehicles). Projector headlights, auto wipers, trip computer.

Suggested Improvements

Make a diesel engine! We all need to tell our dealers to demand diesels, the companies don't think Americans will drive them. I say 300 ft. Lbs. Of torque and 60 mpg, we'll buy them! Imagine this car with a diesel, look out VW and Benz!