2007 Volvo S40 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
Concerned with initial quality
By nconatser on 08/13/07 21:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Just picked up my new S40 yesterday and there is already a problem, albeit a minor one. The driver's side visor is falling out of its socket when you turn it to shield your face from the sun coming in from the driver's side window. Not something I would expect to find on a brand new entry-level luxury car. Still, the car is great and the 170 hp on the base engine is plenty. Features are well thought out and functional and ride is secure and supple. There could still be more/larger storage bins, which I hear they are taking care of with the 2008 models. Other craftmanship appears good to great. Hopefully the visor will be the only issue in a long, carefree life of the car

Worth It!
By Rob on 07/12/07 19:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I am having all sorts of fun in this car. I really think you get the best of a few world with this purchase: 1) sporty look, 2) sporty drive, 3) family sized for two small kids, etc. Have fun driving this around like I do!

First car!
By NIick on 07/04/07 12:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

So this is my first car ever. I saved up and bought it and so far I'm pleased with it. It's quiet on the inside and the ride is semi smooth. Seats are comfortable. I love the controls on the steering wheel. Big trunk. The dash is different but unique and awesome.

Very pleased so far
By Jim on 06/28/07 10:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I did a lot of comparing of models (VW Jetta, Mazda 6, Accord, Camry) and picked the S40. I have come close to purchasing Volvo in the past, and finally took the plunge. I have been very pleased with the build quality. I am 6'3" and have been able to find a good seating position - I got the Select Package with power driver's seat. Nice headroom even with sunroof. The power is adequate in the 2.4. I have been pleased with the mileage although I am still in the break-in (city only so far - about 18-19 mpg) with optional auto transmission. Optional 12 speaker stereo is fantastic. Incredibly well thought out ergonomics. EXCELLENT A/C in Texas summer.

Great looking car!
By Ron on 06/18/07 19:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Just got the car last week! The handling is excellent. It is a nice tight drive. I was looking for a luxury car at an affordable price, and when compared to the BMW 3 series or Lexus, you get a lot more bang for the buck. Overall I would definitely recommend a car for someone looking in this price range. Better ride then the Accord, Camry.

A mistake
By TallahasseeVolvo on 06/14/07 12:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The problems since I've owned the car: the light under the driver side mirror has fallen out 3 times, stereo stops working and has been replaced twice, leather seats are cracking, brakes squeal in reverse, headlights gone bad, interior rattles that cannot be found/fixed by dealer, random interior parts falling off, and I just was informed today by the dealer that my front right axle has to be replaced. This is the second S40 I've owned, the first being a 2004. Never again will I buy a Volvo. The car has been in the shop 18 times. I strongly urge anyone considering this car to think twice. Volvo's safety reputation doesn't matter these days when a Honda gets 5 stars also, buy a reliable car.

Greatest luxury vehicle
By sbgrly805 on 04/06/07 23:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My father purchased this vehicle for me and not only is it a luxury vehicle, it has great gas mileage and it is extremely fun to drive. The trunk is a great size and holds more than the average sedan. I am thoroughly impressed with my new vehicle and I recommend this car to everyone who can afford it.

Great Car For this Segment...
By zumajay on 02/11/07 10:52 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've owned a mid 90's Maxima SE, Miata M, and WRX... and to most dealers dismay, I'm an avid test driver of new cars just for fun. The Volvo is really impressive: great exterior lines, beautiful clean and contemporary interior, and just awesome for it's price. The initial build quality is nice and the materials used are great. Engine is by no means a monster but very well refined and gives a nice balance between performance, economy, and strong MPG.

Great feel for the money
By joe on 11/07/06 10:15 AM (PST)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car has been a pleasure since driving out of the dealership. Feel of quality inside and out. My last car was a bmw 325 and this has more comfort and room not to mention a better price. I have the 2.4 Which has adequate acceleration but if your looking for a little more getup go with the higher hp engine. Feels similar to the audi a4 as far as handling and inside space, with also a much better price tag. Controls were simple to use and everything has elegant simplicity about it. Go with the premium sound system.

Great European car!
By Sasha on 10/16/06 13:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Volvo delivers what it promises...it drives great, it looks great and it is built to last. It's a great choice for people concernet abour reliablility, style and fuel economy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.