Used 2007 Volvo S40 T5 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

Do not buy this car w/ more than 100k miles
By Andrew B

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

My the 2.5T back in college w/ 75k miles because we got a good deal from a friend at a dealership. Drove fine until we hit about 110k and then it was one repair after another. My wife has sentimental attachment to the car, but I would get rid of it tomorrow if I could. It is a mediocre car that calls itself luxury - decent power, decent interior, decent handling, poor brakes, outdated infotainment even for the time...nothing great about the car. Over the past year we've easily put $5000 in non-routine repairs and have experienced several breakdowns. One was a software update which the dealer never notified us of. If you want a luxury car spend a few grand extra for a beamer or audi, if you want a reliable car (which has basically everything the volvos do minus a little power) get a Honda or Toyota. Will never get another Volvo. Also get mediocre MPG for the power offered.

Nice Car, Terrible Manufacture service
By volvo2007red

2007 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I enjoy my 2007 S40 and purchased it due to extended warranty. I have had the same repetitive problems with "bad batteries" twice in 3 years. Volvo has done nothing to identify the problem other than make me pay for new batteries. Since the original was under manufactures warranty the replacement's warranty was null and void, therefore the bills on me. Manufacture did nothing to further look into problem, or recognize the product default. I am sure I will be reposting again in another year with the same issue! Buy with caution!

• SUV