23 of 25 people found this review helpful
By monicald on
2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
After 1 year I had taken my car in to repair the electrical 5 times, they couldn't do it. At one point the driver door wouldn't open and I had to enter my car through the passenger side. Volvo ended up settling for a good sized pay out. Here is a list of other problems I had with car, none of which were covered by warranty as they occurred just after the 50k warranty was up:
1) engine thermostat never worked
2) due to above, car overheated, replaced radiator reservoir & new thermostat
3) spark plugs replaced
4) door lock covers popped off
5) plastic peeling off control buttons
6) major water leak when rains, floor thoroughly soaked
7) radio shorted out
8) Trunk stuck in closed position
Comfortable car, good power, fast.
Fix the electrical problems in this car. Don't sell lemons! Recall the car and fix the drainage problem in the sunroof, this is an obvious design flaw, don't make us pay for it. My co-worker has the same car and has the same flooding problem in her car due to the sunroof drainage issues.