2006 Volvo S40 Consumer Review: Loved my 6 spd. T5 but not aga

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Review

Loved my 6 spd. T5 but not again for me
By Eric on

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Let me start by saying I am a longtime Volvo owner (2 S60's, 940T & T5) who always wanted this car. My T5 was the perfect car when it wasn't at the dealer for every little interior/electrical thing. The motor was GREAT and VERY fuel efficient (30+ mpg) Tons of torque, very comfortable, safe, handled good, very classy and different. Really loved this car but it was a royal headache of tiny issues (10 dealer repairs in 1 year...all different interior/electrical quirks). Being a Volvo owner I was used to little problems but it was a huge inconvenience spending all my time at the dealer (probably once a month). I still love that car but I sold it when the warranty ran out. Really a shame.

TORQUE of the wonderful 2.5 low pressure turbo motor. Driving position, SEATS are perfect in every Volvo, gas mileage, safety, drivetrain seemed bullet proof. Liked the interior design. Absolutely wonderful motor. LOVED this car...until.

Quality and component reliability. Needs Aux/iPod jack, Bluetooth and better displays. The oil filter was in a difficult location and you need a 36mm flex socket. Cartridge filters were a little high but that's normal. PLEASE improve quality Volvo! I am afraid my 4th Volvo was my last (sad day)