2006 Volvo S40 2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - A fun car

2006 Volvo S40 - Consumer Review

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

2.4i Sedan (2.4L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

A fun car
By Christy G. on

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I'm a loyal Volvo owner (have owned an '87 and '90 station wagons) and I love this car. I did have some set- backs in the beginning - electrical plug blew a fuse after barely being used, A/C started blowing out hot air mid-summer, then the foot fan stopped working. Currently experience a popping noise when turning every once in a while - still hasn't been corrected. Gas mileage is okay - not as great as my VW Golf, of course. I'm hoping for a Volvo hybrid!

Favorite Features

Styling - cute and sporty, faux wood paneling, cup holders, deep trunk, A/C and heat is great (since being fixed), leather interior, 6-CD changer, auto- up/down window controls, unique A/C & stereo control panel, approach safety light, back seat arm rest, signal light on side mirrors, comfortable!

Suggested Improvements

Wider trunk opening (for large boxed items), blind spots with the A- and C- pillars, A/C and electrical issues, limited field of vision with back headrests, don't like the look of the brushed metal - looks cheap, needs a change receptacle, more leg room in back, touchy signal.