2006 Volvo S40 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
The 2006 T5 is Awesome!
By db4639 on 10/04/05 17:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Overall, the 2005 Volvo T5 is awesome! Some people thought I was crazy to go from a 2004 3-Series BMW to a Volvo, but the superb handling & luxurious feel of this car far surpasses the BMW. The car is safe, reliable, powerful and very fun to drive. The fuel economy is also a plus, as was the purchase price! If you enjoy luxury at a reasonable price, the new Volvo is a must have!

Love my new car!
By Jenny on 09/24/05 19:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This has to be one of the best compact cars on the market. The handling is precise, and the interior comfort is the best that I have driven.

Ck engine light
By alison cramer on 09/07/05 03:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Love the Car! Very Sporty! Check engine light has come on twice already with one time being something broken. Wish MPG was a little better.

Bethany's Volvo S40
By BRH on 08/18/05 12:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The new S40 is NOT your father's Volvo! The recently revamped 2005 S40 has Volvo's signature elegance and class, yet - despite its (somewhat boring) reputation for safety and reliability -- is incredibly fun to drive and punchy. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for class, excitement, and reliability at a price that is surprisingly easy-to-swallow.

A Sporty Volvo
By Steven on 08/17/05 19:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We love this car! It is our first Volvo so can't compare with previous models but compared to other cars I've owned this is the best. Handles like a sports car, lots of power and really cool interior.

First Car
By Doogie Macmillan on 08/13/05 23:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first car and i think it is great. I already got in an accident in my first week and it held up great. The other persons car was totaled (it was a saab). I got it full loaded and it was worth every penny. The Nav is easy to use while driving. The sound system is great going down the street listening to 50 cent. I just bought 18 inch chrome rims and the car looks even better. I could not ask for a better car for a 17 year old.

Volvo continues to move up
By Greg Hocevar on 08/04/05 10:33 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

If you are looking for a safe, fun little car to drive, then this is the one for you. Whether it be around town, on winding country roads, or on the freeway, this car performs as if it had the heart of a sports car (with a more comfortable ride of course). For the value, this will beat any BMW 3 series, any Mercedes C-Class, and any Infinity G class.

Wonderful Car
By Lauren Waitkus on 07/31/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My Volvo S40 is the most comfortable car that I have ever driven in. I am very glad that I purchased this vehicle. It is rated as one of the safest cars, and I always feel safe when I am driving in it.

Solid and fairly speedy
By rich on 07/28/05 07:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Wife just leased a 2006 S40 T5 AWD. I own a 2005 S4 so my opinions may be biased. I was impressed how comfortable the drive is, the smooth handling and 6-speed gearbox, nice acceleration for 218 hp in the lower revs despite the car's weight, broad torque band, simple yet sophisticated interior, decent navigational system, "thud" sound of the closing doors, overall sporty styling.

Best Near-Luxury Sedan
By Emily on 07/10/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Just leased this vehicle a few days ago. It is fun to drive, looks great and has every feature I need for under $35K. It handles very well, the ride is smooth and I've enjoyed every minute of driving it! The navigation system is superior to other systems I've utilized in the past too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.