2006 Volvo S40 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
Best Car on the Road!!!
By Poppy on 01/23/06 14:28 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute joy to own! Fuel economy is 26 miles per gallon around town and over 30 on the highway! It's gutsy when it needs to be yet comfortable at any speed. This is a whole lot of car for the price! Best purchase I've ever made!

Great Little Car!
By New Volvo Owner on 12/27/05 19:55 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first "new" car purchase and I am completely happy with my choice. It was a toss up between The Volvo S40 and the Audi A4 and the Volvo won out because I ended up saving about $4,000 over the Audi. Some would say that you can't compare the two, but I feel that I got the better deal. I love my new car and wouldn't trade it for the Audi for any reason. The handling is responsive and pick up in the T5 model is great!

Great car, great price
By Nepats555 on 12/26/05 12:33 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Handles awesome! good aceleration, great looking interior and exterior. Drove the Infiniti g35 and Audi A4 both great cars although $$$ more for the same car, save your money this car rocks!

lovin it
By Shanny on 12/06/05 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Very pleased with my choice - would highly recommend this car to anyone. GREAT car for new drivers/teenagers.

Volvo...Out of the Box
By JP on 11/18/05 18:10 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

What a fantastic vehicle. I was not in the market for a new car when I test drove this Volvo for Volvos national Charity Event for "Alex's Lemonade Stand." (Dealer donated 20-bucks for a test drive) I bought it the next day. Sporty, fast, handles like a dream...and garners a lot of looks. It is different from all other comparable sports sedans. Nicer and faster then a co-workers '06 Mercedes C-class...he was impressed at the speed! I LOVE driving this car!!! I love looking at when it is sitting still!

5th Volvo - Best Yet
By 06_S40_Owner on 11/12/05 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the best Volvo I've ever owned (240, 850, V70, XC90). It is extremely quick, holds a corner very well, very small turning radius and great fun to drive. I drove every car in this class and this is the best deal for the money. The new '06 Lexus IS feels like you are driving a casket, no sound, no feedback, no feel, won't see the accident coming. The BMW 3 is very nice but much more expensive when equipped the same and has such a vain "look at me, poser" quality not shared by Volvo. Acura suspensions rattle your jaw and bones when rolling over a pebble. This one wins by far just for the feel of driving it.

Great Car
By John on 10/28/05 16:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The car gets compliments every where I go. The price is fair, looks great inside and out, and drives like a well tuned sports sedan.

Not impressed!
By PassionRed on 10/14/05 22:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

We have had our car for 6 mons, and everything that can go wrong has! I would not recommend this car most issues we have had are resolved in the 2006 model.....that is what I have read on-line. Simple things mastered years ago on cars made by US Mfgs like, Digital clock (can't keep time even after update), headlights shine ....where...not where we are looking, drink holders, that can't hold drinks, Interior door handles that scratch so bad it looks like you picked it up from the local junk yard!!!! The TIRES..we won't go there.......Don't have time to list them all, there are too many. Thanks, PassionRed

Awesome
By Brandon on 10/12/05 21:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My 2nd car, was driving a 99" Saab 9-5 before. I love this car, the "Sporty- S40" as I call it. The day I brought it home my sister fell in love with it and got 1 also. They have great colors and the T-tec is sweet, everything comes right off it. Not flashy interior, very classy and simple. Get the sound package!!! 12 speakers it's insane!!! great clarity as well. Although the 2.4i (my model) has 168hp 5 spd it is very quick (but if u have the extra 6 grand get the T5! 220hp 6 spd turbo). I have the Mysterial Green it looks very nice with the tinted windows. Great value as well, the only car that is comparable is the Acura TSX, a friend has it (he enjoys my car better) well worth it!

First New Car
By denise on 10/07/05 00:03 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I just bought this car in June 05 and it was worth the money I spent. I am a short person and this car really conforms to my height. I have never been so comfortable driving in a vehicle before. The gear-tronic is a lot of fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.