Used 2006 Volvo S40 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

My Dream car
By VolvoFanatic

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love this car, and have wanted one since they came out with the new body style in 2004.5. The only trouble I have had was the alarm siren had to be replaced, but was of course covered by warranty. I was considering an Accord, but I am glad I went with the S40. I replaced my 2000 S70 with it.

Favorite Features

The sleek design and comfort of the interior and exterior

Suggested Improvements

Storage, storage, storage. A larger glove box, and trunk would be nice. Also, the pedals are too close together, and anyone with a long foot can easily get it caught on the bottom of the dashboard while going from gas to brake and vice versa.

Best car for the money!
By Kennedy

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have had 47 cars and I really like the way this car handles. Best dealership in town. I would highly recommend this car if you are in the market! Very comfortable, reliable, dependable and the interior is awesome!

Favorite Features

T-tech interior, safety features, style, manual transmission, stereo system, features.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements...

A great car for the money!!!
By mrrk47

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The S40 puts you in a European sedan for a lot less than Audi or BMW, and without compromising too much. The ride and performance have lived up to my expectations and everyday I have it I like it more and more. Almost 6000 miles and no problems, mileage has been okay for a 5cylinder and the feeling of safety just exudes from every cranny of this car. The S40 gives a very rewarding ownership exp. for someone who has had hondas and fords until now. I'm very happy I chose the S40 over my other choice...06' Accord!

Favorite Features

Long list of safety features just boggle me for this price and level of car. Solid drive feel, very attractive profiles from many angles...just gets better looking everyday for me! The T- tec seat along with overall construction of the very comfortable seats.

Suggested Improvements

Make trip computer standard. Options packages make car get very expensive fast, make more features stand alone options. A little more cabin room wouldn't hurt.

My baby
By Redster

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love my s40. I drove the audi a4 and the bmw 3 seriess and the s40 is a million times better to drive and a lot nicer in inside design

Is it possible to be in LOVE with a car?
By JDLasVegas

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first Volvo. I was considering BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, even Lexus. Value for dollar, and the fact that the Volvo IS the safest vehicle on the road (I did my homework), it was a clear choice: Volvo. I am in love with this car! The dealership here in Las Vegas treats me like a king. I've never had such a wonderful car buying experience.

Favorite Features

For five cylinders this car has the power I need when pulling out onto the freeway. I used to have to turn my Toyota a/c off to pull out. Rides like a ocean liner-smooth. I feel so safe and protected in this car. If the unthinkable happens, I know Volvo has got my back, literally with WHIPS.

Suggested Improvements

Shorter, smaller drivers may have a problem seeing out of the rear window because of the head retraints front and rear.