2006 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
A joy to drive and look at
By tkbindpls on 03/22/06 18:54 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my first Volvo and it's much more solid than my Saab. This car is a dream on the highway; I can drive long trips and not be uncomforable or exhausted at the end of the trip. It's also very nimble at highway speeds. The turbo 5 cylinder is slow to start (no surprise) but I have to watch my speed after that. I prefer manual transmission and I really don't like the clutch; the spring needs to be redesigned because it causes me to let it up too fast sometimes. I'm so pleased that I joined the Volvo Club Of America.

I Love My Swede
By Barbara on 03/13/06 21:31 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

So far this car has been awesome and incredibly so was the experience of purchasing the vehicle--they treated me like a Queen

I love my car!
By Erin on 03/11/06 09:18 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have owned my S40 for 5 months now, and I am still completely satisfied with my purchase. It's a great looking car, fun to drive and I feel very safe knowing it's a Volvo. I also get a lot of compliments on it! I would highly recommend it to anyone in the market for a compact car.

Luv my swingn "SWED" S40
By Grant on 03/01/06 23:21 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My wife and I bought our S40 in dec05 we have had a blast driving this car. we have had no problems just big smiles. The S40 gives a touch of class to the moderate spender. my wife drives it as her daily comuter and feels the Volvo sense of safety and good looks give this one a big thumbs up. Having had toyota's and Honda's all our lives this one's a step in a different direction, you will feel the european touch inside and out. As you wind through the canyons or comute on the freeway the sense of a high dollar sports car is what you get, without the price tag. We now have that car that sits in that driveway that gets the looks, you know the one it's the Volvo S40. Oh thats right it's mine!

Is it a sin to be in love with your car?
By Tim J on 03/01/06 02:06 AM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Bought a Barrents Blue 2.4L 5 cyl automatic S40 with black leather interior, climate package, select package, sunroof, 6 disc CD player, etc. I'm in love with this car! Got a great deal from my local Seattle dealer. The salesman was great too: no pressure, easy to work with, gave me all the necessary info to help me make a solid decision, etc. I highly recommend this car. It rides great. It feels safe and well made. The layout of controls is excellent. A buddy has an Audi A4 (way too many of those in Seattle, BTW) and you are overwhelmed with dials, switches, and readouts. The Volvo S40 has a simple yet elegant controls layout. Kudos Volvo engineers! I highly recommend this car.

Great car!
By JB on 02/18/06 22:12 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I have always owned 4-cyl cars, and I am amazed at what a difference 1 more cylinder makes. It feels rock solid and handles like a dream. Volvo safety combined with a great look, sporty styling. There is nothing about this car that I don't love - this is not your uncle's Volvo!

best new car I have owned
By andre on 02/14/06 23:03 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This car is great. I needed a reliable car and was sick of my 99 passat 1.8T breaking down all the time. Went to the dealership Portland Volvo in Maine. Sales guy was great, before and after the sale. I purchased a base model. It still has all the features I wanted. There is plenty of power in the 2.4i engine and it saves on gas. After 10 years of VW's I am switching to Volvo. Last thing, you cannot get a car for under 25K that has all the safety features that the Volvo has.

Sporty, Zippy, Peppy
By Fun Driver on 02/13/06 15:07 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a sports car that will handle almost anything. I've had it for a month now and driven everywhere. The handling is outstanding on mountain roads. The engine never showed signs of exhertion. In the city, it's an eye-catcher because it's different from the "traditional" Volvo. The money is well worth it if you're comparing with BMW, Audi, Acura, and Lexus.

Pride of Sweden (Belgium?)
By Gene Kenwell on 01/25/06 15:12 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

My Volvo S40 is the first non-domestically built vehicle I've ever bought. If my initial impressions hold up, it certainly won't be the last. The S40's handling is superb.

Completely SATISFIED!
By Molly S. on 01/23/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2006 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

From the test drive, purchase and every day drive to work. I LOVE this car. It has truly been a wonderful purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.