Used 2006 Volvo S40 Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Volvo S40

View reviews for a specific S40 model:

Excellent Value
By snead_c

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I replaced a Subie STi with my Volvo.A definite step down in performance but necessary at this time. I'm very pleased with my overall experience with the car. It gives over 30 MPG on the highway and is very comfortable to drive.

The balance between power, comfort and AWD.The upgrade sound system is excellent.

Avoid the aluminum trim on the door handle since the seat belt will ding it . I'd like an MP3 connection and bluetooth connectivity standard.

My Dream car
By VolvoFanatic

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love this car, and have wanted one since they came out with the new body style in 2004.5. The only trouble I have had was the alarm siren had to be replaced, but was of course covered by warranty. I was considering an Accord, but I am glad I went with the S40. I replaced my 2000 S70 with it.

The sleek design and comfort of the interior and exterior

Storage, storage, storage. A larger glove box, and trunk would be nice. Also, the pedals are too close together, and anyone with a long foot can easily get it caught on the bottom of the dashboard while going from gas to brake and vice versa.

Best car for the money!
By Kennedy

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have had 47 cars and I really like the way this car handles. Best dealership in town. I would highly recommend this car if you are in the market! Very comfortable, reliable, dependable and the interior is awesome!

T-tech interior, safety features, style, manual transmission, stereo system, features.

No improvements...

A great car for the money!!!
By mrrk47

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The S40 puts you in a European sedan for a lot less than Audi or BMW, and without compromising too much. The ride and performance have lived up to my expectations and everyday I have it I like it more and more. Almost 6000 miles and no problems, mileage has been okay for a 5cylinder and the feeling of safety just exudes from every cranny of this car. The S40 gives a very rewarding ownership exp. for someone who has had hondas and fords until now. I'm very happy I chose the S40 over my other choice...06' Accord!

Long list of safety features just boggle me for this price and level of car. Solid drive feel, very attractive profiles from many angles...just gets better looking everyday for me! The T- tec seat along with overall construction of the very comfortable seats.

Make trip computer standard. Options packages make car get very expensive fast, make more features stand alone options. A little more cabin room wouldn't hurt.

My baby
By Redster

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I love my s40. I drove the audi a4 and the bmw 3 seriess and the s40 is a million times better to drive and a lot nicer in inside design