2006 Volvo S40 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
Volvo S40....No complaints!
By clintb305 on 05/20/06 08:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Since I left the dealership with my 2006 S40 I've had a smile on my face. It's fun to drive. It's quick more than it is fast. It's a smooth quiet ride, very comfortable. Has an amazing sound system with easily accessible controls. Has a large trunk with seats that fold down in the back. But the best thing about it is the price.....it's actually affordable.

My first Volvo, but not my last.
By Diana C on 05/19/06 13:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Great looking car. I love the sporty lines, while retaining it's classy look. Gone are the days when Volvo was boxy and predictable. Volvo proves a sedan can be sporty.

Everything I hoped and more
By osxboi on 05/09/06 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Had mine built to order -- about 10 weeks from order to delivery, and it was sure worth the wait. This is an awesome vehicle. With the 218/236 turbo, power is great. With the Sports Package, handling is superb -- 17" wheels and sport-tuned suspension. This little baby puts out when you most need it, like dodging lanes in rush hour traffic and on-ramp merging on interstates. Build quality is excellent. In three months I haven't had a single problem. Everything works. Design is far superior to anything American, Japanese or German. Get this car if you want a good price, performance and lots of stares.

Great car
By s40 blue on 05/08/06 14:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car in February and it is a wonderful car. I have nothing but great experiences with this car, tons of compliments and the dealership I bought it from was awesome

A Great Car
By richard berstein on 04/30/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Got a terrific deal-$28,400 list for $23,200! Handles great, and all the "bells and whistles". A really solid feel, and great acceleration for a 5 cylinder. I couldn't believe I could get a Volvo for a price comparable to a Kia or Hyundai, both of which, in my view, are very much inferior.

Fun AND Comfortable on long commute
By PA-NYC_Volvo driver on 04/22/06 19:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Never gave Volvo a thought until I test drove this car and was I impressed. I test drove the BVW 3series, Audi, Honda, Acura and was suprised to find that this car was actually fun, quick and handling was comparable to its competitors. Did I mention fun...Hold on when the turbo kicks in...got to remember to lay off the accelerator at times! It maneuvers/responds superbly in and out of tight city traffic or interstate traffic. The one hour drive is very comfortable especially after a 13hr work day. Besides, I couldn't have gotten a fully loaded vehicle w/ so many options I didn't think were necessary but now can't do without for less than 30K....definitely not the other mentioned vehicles

I'm in Love!
By CoaChKsCar on 04/21/06 06:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have always wanted a Volvo of my own and I have no regrets now that I have one!! I have never felt as safe in a car after owning a Saab 9000, a VW Jetta and a Scion tc. It is solid and flawless and handles so well in questionable weather. I would recommend it to anyone. I will never buy anything other than Volvo again. Its engine is powerful and the control is amazing. The interior design is slick and incredibly functional and the sound system is great. Im a soccer coach so being able to fit all of my crap in the trunk is a must and this car definitely fills that need!! If you are considering this car I have nothing but strong recommendations for it!!

ehh, it's ok...
By Lex on 04/13/06 08:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

this car does not perform. it's got a bit of turbo but it doesn't effectively come on until higher rpms of third gear. the car handles like a beast. high center of gravity, extreme understeer. this car may initially spark the interest of a twenty-something looking to mod this swedish turbo, but they will find little in the way of aftermarket support. this is a great car for mommies with a heavy foot... but watch out for that gas mileage. mine's terrible. boy racers: look elsewhere... you wouldn't want to pay this much to be whipped by an accord (which gets better mp's). push it on the backroads and you'll end up in a ditch. handling is that bad. car needs more R&D

BEST compact car ever!
By LOVE IT!!!!! on 04/11/06 12:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 2.4i 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I went on a "rainy" day just to keep it safe and not make a purchase knowing i had other cars to consider. Well, that certaintly didn't work as planned because once I drove the automatic knowing I ONLY wanted a manual in the rain, I could not believe the stability. I felt so safe cause I'm such a chicken when it comes to driving in the rain that it sold itself! Though I'm so picky I had to do a special order (Manual, Red, Climate, Sport & Select Pkg w/ beige interior) and can't wait for it to come from Europe. The premium sounds is out of control too. It's going to be a looker. I must say it's a chicks car- Definitely!

Confidence on the Road
By Ann Marie on 04/05/06 02:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Volvo S40 T5 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I primarily purchased this car because I was looking for safety features. This car had them all. Although I was somewhat hesitant after my test drive because of the slightly limited rear view vision, I purchased the car. Within a week, I was comfortable driving the car & have been in love with it ever since. I am someone who has been afraid of driving & am gaining more confidence on the road each day. I love my navigation system & no longer panic if I take a wrong turn. The car is comfortable & steady on the road. I have never cared much about cars before, but now am really impressed. I am committed to this line and am sure my next car will also be a Volvo!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.