2005 Volvo S40 Consumer Review: Tellin' All: A Female Perspect

2005 Volvo S40 - Consumer Review

Tellin' All: A Female Perspective
By BPH on

2005 Volvo S40 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I test drove, researched and admired the T5 months before the big purchase. A4 came close in handling and comfort and the Saab 9-3 in speed and safety. What kept drawing me back? The car has an amazing stereo system with and without the upgrade, is fabulous in all weather conditions, received 5 stars in side-impact crash testing and did I mention how fast it is? I went with the 6 speed, which took a bit getting used to BUT it was worth it! I definitely recommend the sport package, for it gives the S40 a unique and sleek appearance. You might ask yourself .. is everyone really staring at me? The answer is YES! This car is definitely a great bang for the buck.

The upgraded stereo system with 6 cd changer in-dash. I love the placement of the wheel and the ability to control the stereo without taking your eyes off the road. Great dashboard design - very thought out. The gas mileage is amazing and the on-board information system is extremely helpful.

The car can sound a bit loud on the highway when the winds are roaring. If the radio is on however,its barely noticeable. There is also a blind spot or two that took some time getting used to. All in all, I am extremely pleased with the S40. No complaints, many smiles.