2005 Volvo S40 Consumer Review: Quiet Rocket

2005 Volvo S40 - Consumer Review

Quiet Rocket
By Ron on

2005 Volvo S40 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I first saw the 2004 Volvo S40 T5 at the Los Angeles Auto Show in January 2003 and I instantly fell in love with it. Having three cars already, I planned to buy a new one at the end of 2004 and I did. I was also considering the Audi A4, Mazda RX8, Mini Cooper, BMW 3-Series and the Volvo S40 T5. The A4 did not have enough mid-range torque. The RX8 guzzled too much gasoline. My neighbor already has two BMWs andthe Mini was going for more than list price! So I got the Volvo. This car's Acceleration is impressive as you quietly leave the loud pocket rockets the kids drive in the dust. Its pick-up is calm and smooth, if you lose on a standing start to a souped up car, you'll appear as if you weren't trying to race anyway. Its handling is responsive with the modified suspension & not choppy at all.

* Manual 6 speed is effortless compared to my Mercedes-Benz C230 Coupe. * The turbo is also alot quieter than the Mercedes' supercharger. * Side skirts, front & back spoiler option looks great. *The sound system pro logic surround sound is terrific if you have music that utilizes it.

* Make a rear wheel drive. * Be the 1st to make LCD standard on all car displays. Chinese phones already utilize this. * Wipe off the lubricant on the doors leak holes. * MP3 player. You can fit 800 min of music in 1 cd vs 80 minutes of audio / regular CD. * Available Volvo tuning department.