Moving On Up
By Jay, New York on
2005 Volvo S40 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)
I only drove Hondas for the past 15 years and felt it was time for a change. Frankly, the Hondas are good, but everybody has one. The new Volvo S40's design caught my eye right away. Once I test drove it, I was sold. I'm not a car freak and drive to/from work (about 45 miles a day) and run some errands on the weekends. I wanted a car that was fun and put some spark back into my daily commute. Boy, has this car filled the bill. My friends compliment me on its great looks, and that's a real switch. Look, I'm 43 and honestly a car is not going to change my life, but you know what, who says you can't have a little fun even when work and little league are your usual destinations.
Favorite Features
The body style and unique cabin design are terrific. I went with the t-tec seats, and like it better than leather. The premium sound system is outstanding. I drive the 2.4 engine which is fine for the driving I do on a daily basis.
Suggested Improvements
Like I said, I'm not a "car guy" so this is lay person speak. But, as odd as this may sound, I think the brake and gas pedals are placed too close together. Maybe there is an adjustment the dealer can make, but as delivered, I find my foot is always leaning into the side of the brake pedal.