2005 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
S40 Rocks!
By Robs S40 on 06/05/05 08:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I have had the car now for only 2 weeks, but so far its wonderful, I had it built and delivered to the dealership (I wanted navigation). The nav system is easy to use, the surround sound system will make some of your old CD's come to life and the car just has an amazing list of standard features and is one hell of a piece of eye candy in black. I had a Jetta before and this is an excellent upgrade from one of those. If you don't like the latest jetta or you want a little luxury w/o the big outlay of money take a look at this one.

Still Smiling
By CJF on 06/04/05 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

Purchased the S40 T5 at the beginning of August, 2004. Ten months and 13000 miles later, I still smile every time I see my S40 in the parking lot or garage. I had also considered the Acura TSX, Infiniti G35 and Honda Accord V6 coupe - and have no regrets over my decision. The low end torque provided by the turbo means fun starts any time I want them. The sport suspension provides crisp cornering and keeps the car headed where I want it to go. While a compact car, the back seat is still large enough to haul three teen agers around town comfortably.

Suprise S40
By Bob H on 05/30/05 14:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I am very pleased with the price - value ratio of the Volvo S40. The performance of the T5 is nothing short of incredible. The mileage is also a pleasant surprise. I am averaging 27.5 combined city/highway mileage on mid- level gas. This is particularily nice since I last owned a Expedition. The new style with a set of crome wheels really sets off the fire-engine red body. I would highly recommend this vehicle.

My Volvo.
By Mardi on 05/27/05 19:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The head rest pokes out and isn't comfortable. Other wise the seat is very nice. The trunk is too small, especially from top to bottom. Love the 6 CD changer and sound quality. Love the exterior look. People stop me all the time. Come out from stores to find people looking at it. wish I had bought the turbo. feel very safe in it. wish there was more storage in terms of console space in front of car. like the old S40 glove box better. everything falls out. The air conditioner is too loud. In fact, the whole car is too loud.

Sporty Car
By Hieu on 05/23/05 15:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car because I wanted something different but sporty. Other cars I looked at was the Acura TSX and the Acura TL. In terms of power, this car seems to fit nicely between those two. It has a low pressure turbo at about 8.7 psi max. Power comes on quick when you need it. You don't not have to rev it to get usable power. Has potential for really good power with a ECU mod. I didn't notice this eariler but there are seals all round the doors, even in the area around where the hinge opens.

Nothing Else For Me
By S40 - So Cal on 05/22/05 00:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This S40 is sweet, strong, rugged, sleek and stylish, need I say more? Stops when you need it to stop, accelerates when you need a push, and shows itself off at every corner; this puppy has bragging rights! Never a bad moment here and nothing bad to say at all. Proves itself all the time, to trust it with my wife and future kids; always! My first Volvo and my last time to ever have to choose another car maker! First class!

Volvo for Life
By Bonnie on 05/20/05 08:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I've had several cars in my life. When it came time to look for something new, we went to the typical dealers. Just by chance, we stopped in at a Volvo dealer never thinking we could afford one. Well, we were wrong .. but most importantly, I wound up in my Volvo S40. This car kicks. I call it my zippy car. It's so comfortable and fun to drive, I'm now Volvo for Life. My husband had just bought a Pontiac Bonneville a month earlier and wishes he could get into the Volvo S80, but he would be up-side down, so we'll have to wait until his car is paid off in 2010 ... bummer. In the mean time, I'm enjoying my Volvo and recommend it to anyone. My Dad always said they are the safest car out.

S40
By Eric on 05/18/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is my first car that i purchased. Prior to this i was driving a GEO Prizm. This is a large upgrade. I own the 2.4i and even with the limited HP the car still has a deep growl when compared to other cars that i drove of a compareable price. I have never been happier driving my car.

Volvo
By auburneng1 on 05/17/05 21:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

This is an awesome vehicle complete with great pickup, excellent gas mileage and an overall fun car to drive. The only complaint is the small interior space, but that is quickly forgiven after you get behind the wheel. Given its agility and lightweight, it will get up and go when necessary. I give it a 9 all day long.

New S40 2.4i
By richard on 05/13/05 07:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

The vehicle handles at top speed and curves. However, the initial pick-up is a bit slow. The interiors are gorgeous, as well as the exterior. Good workmanship, both in and out.