2005 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
Love it!
By Michael S. on 07/05/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

OK, so I don't drive much. I work from home, so I do mostly short trips with an occasional 30 mile highway drive. That said, I love my S40. Great pickup on the highway when I need it (80 without even trying), OK gas mileage around town. I have the premium sound and moonroof. Loved the moonroof before we hit rainy season here in Miami, and the sound system is like being in a concert hall. Not many S40s on the road here, so it's nice having a somehwat unique car. Extremely pleased so far (even though I haven't even broken 1,000 miles yet).

Nothing but trouble
By DSM on 07/01/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased my '05 S40 brand new back in November. As soon as I hit 3,000 miles everything went downhill. I found myself taking my car in for repairs more than I was driving it! In the 6 months that I owned it, it spent 45 days in the service department during 7 separate visits! And they couldn't even fix most of the problems! This was the worst decision I have ever made. Thanks to an attorney, I filed a lawsuit against Volvo and they were forced to purchase the car back. Never again will I buy another Volvo.

Awesome first car!!!
By Steven on 06/30/05 22:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my very first car. I got it with all options icluding navigation. It is a very quick car and fun to drive. I got black on black and I think it is the best combination and I get looks from young and older people. The upgraded sound system is better than my mom's mercedes upgraded sound system and it makes a lot of bass. Im glad I chose this over the bmw 3- series, the Acura TSX, and lexus is300. I would also reccomend the trip to Sweden to test our your car and see the whole process involved in making a volvo. It was very fun and interesting.

I love the car, with one exception
By Jason on 06/29/05 07:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this car, with one exception. The front seats are not overly comfortable. Unless one sits on the seat the correct way, he'll hurt his hips or his back. Aside from the seating issue, the car is a winner. I drove to the office in an incredible downpour. The car performed perfectly. I felt like I was in command of the road. I'd recommend this car to anyone, just make sure the seats are comfortable to you.

Fun! Fun! Fun!
By MSW on 06/29/05 03:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I've always had an eye out for the S40's. I happened to purchase one the dealer bought just for show. There is nothing left out of this car, every option imaginable including the sports package. I now drive the only car like it within a 500 mile radius which makes it really unique. Great acceleration, and handling, with a mild set back that the radio might quit working and have to be turned off and back off. But its fun to pull up to a Mustang GT at a light and show 'em that Fords arn't the best in Texas!

S40 2.4i, 5 spd.
By gsgo on 06/28/05 09:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Looking for a dependable, high quality, safe vehicle built with today's driver in mind. This is our first Volvo and we have been nothing short of impressed with our purchase. Well designed, easy to drive for both city and highway, solid road feel and handling, decent performance with the base 5 cyl. engine, the manual transmission is one of the best I have tried. Nothing can beat the solid feel of this car in this price range.

Great Car
By GJacobs on 06/24/05 08:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Very solidly built car. Manual shift makes car fun to drive. Great pickup (5 cylinder) easy to drive/steer. Drastic change/improvement in car design over previous years. Very good value for the money and compared to its competitors.

S40 Review
By Simon Brown on 06/22/05 17:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan T5 AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

The new S40 is in a class all on its own. Take my advice and definitely go for the T5 AWD, as the 2.4i is very unpowered, (a problem the T5 will never have). The AWD option on a car of this type is outstanding, and is extremely useful. The new S40 is tons of fun to drive, especially if you like a firm and sporty type of suspension.

great entry Volvo
By Lisa on 06/18/05 22:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

My husband and I test drove a nissan altima as well as the volvo s40 we purchased. It was an easy decision, only thing the altmia had over the volvo was more leg room for rear seating. Volvo S40 is a solid car and a fun car to drive. It was like going from the Motel 6 to the Omni.

World Class All-around
By Bons on 06/11/05 17:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Volvo S40 Sedan 2.4i Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl 5M)

Love the car and the price. From exterior to interior design its Volvo finest product thus far. Safe, beautiful and stylish, it's an inspiring vehicle.