4yrs and still very happy
By Grega on
2005 Volvo S40 T5 Fwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)
I would say itís a car that has a lot of character. I was looking for a car not so typical, that would stay up to date for many years. Itís different from the purposeless styles of a lot of GMS, Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans, Acuras, and Lexus types Iím tired of seeing on the road. Still fun to drive and with a quality feel to it at a reasonable price. Itís been 4 years and I still enjoy driving this car very much. I did have a few recalls and software glitches in the first year I bought it, nothing serious, but so far it has been quite reliable since. Pleasant Volvo dealer, although expensive outside of warranty, acts really professionally for the most part.
Favorite Features
IMO it's one of the best looking car inside & out still today. central console design is simple and yet very functional. Seats feels great and of quality. Heated and electric seats, sun roof, rubber floor mats. Very ergonomically friendly consol knobs.
Suggested Improvements
I have the T5 and I agree with some that it's a heavy car for its size and it could use a slightly more powerful engine. Interior could be less ford and more VW. Some of the plastic trim too could be better for a Volvo and the speedometer console lacks appeal.