2004 Volvo S40 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S40 model:
One day, it may save my life.
By Darius on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased a Cherry Red S40 w/ Sports Pkg for $20.3k. Good dealership, much nicer than Ford. The car is pretty quiet and fairly smooth. I'm still in the break-in period so I'm drying to push this puppy to 5k RPM after 2k miles. No real complaints except the seat adjustments are much different than the Lexus'. Accidentally ran a red light on the other day and stopped before hitting another car at the intersection. Good brakes. Two thumbs up.

Safest Best Midsize Sedan EVER!!!
By Taylormommy on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

This car makes me feel safe and secure when driving, especially now that I have a baby. Volvo is built for life and I feel confident trusting my daughter and my own life in the hands of their designers. I could not have asked for a more perfect car, I even had a black leather car seat to match the interior made!!!

Go Volvo
By Ora May Harrell on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

Over all as a owner and avid driver. I look forward to staying in the volvo family. For I am eyeing the S60 R. Volvo, you keep up the good work. I checked out the S40 2005, It sounds pretty good. I can not wait to see them on the road. By the way, If you guys realy read these notes, hit me back. Sincerly, Peace,speed, and safty.

BUYER BEWARE
By KC PLAZA BUM on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

I really like my car, however, the paint is severely oxidizing on the top panels. Volvo North America's representative would not even look at my car saying it was not covered. The finish is dull and must be waxed everytime the car is exposed to bad weather or washed. I would look at other comparable cars. The yearly maintenence on this car is expensive. Oil change is $75.00, 1st service at 15,000 miles will run $250.00 and the 30,000 mile is just over $500.00. I also needed to replace my brakes at 25,00 miles for $500.00. Volvo uses very soft pads, your alloy wheels will always be covered in brake dust a day or so after washing your car.

Best car for the price
By Ken Y. on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My 2002 Monte Carlo SS was totalled when someone hit me from the rear. I went to many different dealerships Honda, Acura, Subaru, VW, etc. I just thought I would stop into the Volvo dealership to see what they had. They made me a deal I couldn't refuse on a 2004 S40. It has everything except fog lights and a spoiler. The only complaint I have is that the steering wheel vibrates a little when traveling above 70Mph.

Fantastic Ride
By smokeone on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

So far it is fantastic! We wanted a car with loads of safety features, but we also like quick and sporty. The S40 is all of the above and really not much more expensive than the competitors, considering the great build quality.

VOLVOLUTION!!!
By lele on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

Excellent design and performance

My S40
By mhanny on 09/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

It is an excellent fun car to drive. It is comfortable and it has power out on the hiway. Its look is sleek and aerodynamic.

Lg families and lg egos need not apply
By jece on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

In a nutshell:Solid value and understated elegance. If you want a sportscar or something to "show," perhaps you should look to BMW or Jaguar. This car offers every safety feature imaginable, its reliable, and the power of the turbo engine is more than adequate. Standard equipment far exceeds anything Audi or the Japanese have to offer. This is my second s40 as the s60 was a bit large for what I was looking for. No problems ever. Highly recommended-however, not for large families or large egos.

My wife loves it
By Jeff Robinson on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Volvo S40 Sedan LSE 4dr Sedan (1.9L 4cyl Turbo 5A)

My wife get her S40 5 days ago. She thiniks this the best little car for her 4'9" body. It is easy to drive and very good looking. She says she fields safe in it and it is speedy. The seats are my favorite I could sleep for days in them. I have had some hight end cars and now driving a Land Rover Disco and The little Volvo's seats are above all of them.